Author Topic: Range of ACP  (Read 1772 times)

VUgearhead

• Curiosity killed the vegan
    • South Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Range of ACP
« on: January 05, 2018, 01:50:25 PM »
How far north has the ACP been positively identified? I haven't seen what it's seasonal limitations are.
If you can eat it, GROW IT!!

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Range of ACP
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:08:02 PM »
There should be a map of the range in FL. We have ACP quarantine maps here in CA.

VUgearhead

• South Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:54:53 PM »
Well I was thinking nationally actually. Since I read where it was in Georgia, I figured all of Florida had been compromised - Georgia, Louisianna, Texas, California. Seems any state along the southern border of the country is suspect.

What I'm trying to get at is how far north has the ACP been identified, and how far north do experts anticipate their expansion to go? Do they have a climactic limit on cold, winter weather, above which they cannot survive, or are we looking at an eventual expansion to where even northern citrus will be susceptible?

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:04:19 PM »
There have been posts on this forum discussing cold tolerance of ACP. I think the concensus was that the psillids can live/survive temps into the teens and don't fully succumb to cold until they've been below freezing for several days, which makes all citrus growing regions susceptible to ACP. It's been below freezing for almost the past two weeks here and counting, so My stuff is safe....under plastic with space heaters!!!

VUgearhead

• South Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »
Has it been identified as far north as NC yet?

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »
Below is a link showing a map where the psyllid has been spotted.
https://www.cabi.org/isc/datasheet/18615

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »
The map didn't show it in NC. I don't think it will spread to or throughout NC because very few people are growing citrus here. If it advances north of SC, I would think it would be due to them feeding on other members of rue family such as garden variety rue, which almost nobody has, or maybe the native toothache tree.