Author Topic: Sugar Cane Juicer  (Read 58476 times)

ben mango

• View Profile
Re: Sugar Cane Juicer
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
does anyone know what brand of machine this is? I saw it being used in Davao, Philippines... I was impressed with how silent it is...

nearly silent electric sugar cane press -

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
does anyone know what brand of machine this is? I saw it being used in Davao, Philippines... I was impressed with how silent it is...

That sugar cane juicer looks similar to the ones in the Cuban food/juice markets in Miami, FL, USA. What I like about them is that they are encased and thus the dust is kept at bay. I suppose that to find who sells them and at what price, it's best to do some kind of search for supermarket supplies and equipment. I've always been perplexed at how sugar cane juicers have not gotten perfected and improved to a more compact and manageable size.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

RiceRice

• auburn
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »
Hello All,

Does anyone knows any suppliers for Bulk amount of Sugar Cane Stick for juice in California?
How much is cost per pound of Sugar Cane Stick?

Thanks All for any information.

Regard,

Rice

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »

Ben, check out this company for electric sugarcane juicers. There machines are stainless steel and well designed. I still much prefer the hand crank ones. Very safe, quiet and will last a lifetime. I use mine very often and I even let my friend that sells fresh squeezed sugarcane juice borrow my hand crank model to use in his shop because the customers like to see a show.
Simon

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2014, 06:28:04 PM »
Hello All,

Does anyone knows any suppliers for Bulk amount of Sugar Cane Stick for juice in California?
How much is cost per pound of Sugar Cane Stick?

Thanks All for any information.

Regard,

Rice

Hello rice, CA grown sugarcane can be expensive because it takes longer to grow here and land is expensive. You may want to contact thao from this forum because his family has a plot of land that grows sugarcane. I'm not sure if he sells bulk or at all but he was nice enough to share some of his black sugarcane with me last year.
Simon

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »

Ben, check out this company for electric sugarcane juicers. There machines are stainless steel and well designed. I still much prefer the hand crank ones. Very safe, quiet and will last a lifetime. I use mine very often and I even let my friend that sells fresh squeezed sugarcane juice borrow my hand crank model to use in his shop because the customers like to see a show.
Simon

Which company,?

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »
Whoops, forgot to paste the link. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKbFDCag0L0
Simon

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
The company is called Tubo biz and they have multiple videos on YouTube. They have a small tabletop model that may work for you. I believe the Tubobiz model juicer is quieter than the video you posted. If you are looking for a juicer for personal use, consider a manual crank, it is so quiet, you can juice in your home at night without waking the family. All the electric juicers I've personally seen makes some very audible sounds that may be enough to wake people.
Simon

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »
thanks

Recher

• 2221 dunoon rd dorroughby
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
I regularly see them for sale in Malaysia.
Wealth is being able to afford principle

Memory is responsible for the illusion of linear time

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2014, 09:31:28 PM »
After getting the Breville BJE820XL Juice Fountain Duo Juicer and juicing some good priced organic carrots like there's no tomorrow, I hesitantly decided to do what had been on my mind for months, to find out whether this powerful juicer can handle juicing sugar cane.

Although I was very worried that I would end up breaking this brand new user, I was curious and had to find out.

I cut two long stalks of sugar cane into small pieces so that the juicer could handle them easier, then I proceeded to feed the pieces into the juicer.

Somewhat immediately, as the juicer was spitting out the sugar cane fiber out one end and the juice flowing out the other, this process was producing uncomfortably loud popping sounds as the fiber was being spit out. The sound was disagreeably loud.

After a few seconds, the normal sound of the motor changed, as if something was holding it back and at such time, I immediately turned it off and unplugged it from the electrical power outlet. And, sure enough, after looking inside, the fine dry powder had compacted and was obstructing the rotation of the spinning blade.

After close inspection, the machine extracted all of the juice out of the sugar cane, because all of the fibrous part of the sugar cane was turned into a fine, dry, powder.

Finally, I drank the produced sugar cane juice. The final verdict with me is that sugar cane juice produced by the conventional pressing method tastes much better than the juice produced by this juicer using the spinning blade, centripetal force method.

So, back to the old drawing board, the search continues for the best designed and functioning sugar cane juicer.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:57:51 PM by LEOOEL »
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2014, 09:38:22 PM »
Oscar and others posted this very "dilemma", you need a sugar cane press to juice cane.  Oh, dont try fresh hard coconut  either, will cause a similar problem as the sugar cane.

I guess some have to learn the hard way...
- Rob

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2014, 06:10:15 AM »
I have a omega 8006 cold press juicer, works for coconut but the cane juice ends up full of fiber. 

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2014, 08:20:14 AM »
I highly recommend the manual crank sugar cane juicer. It was specifically designed to juice sugar cane and works perfectly for this. You can also juice ginger with it. I still use mine quite often. There is also a newer model than the one I got that is better design. If you grow sugarcane, it's a must have piece of equipment.

Simon

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
I highly recommend the manual crank sugar cane juicer. It was specifically designed to juice sugar cane and works perfectly for this. You can also juice ginger with it. I still use mine quite often. There is also a newer model than the one I got that is better design. If you grow sugarcane, it's a must have piece of equipment.

Simon
Do you have a link or image of this to see? Thank's!

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »
Here is the machine I got. I also purchased it from GPF. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PW9pMyIsnM

Simon

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
In the video, it looks easy to operate and has a compact design, I can't wait to get one, 'thanx.'

I think that this is the best, non-electric, domestic sugar-cane juicing machine that I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:37:02 PM by LEOOEL »

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »
/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:30:03 PM by zands »

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2014, 11:06:01 AM »
LEOOEL, the video is the GPF1, that is the older model that I have. There is a little rust I had to clean off but it's definitely industrial strength and will last a long time. If you had the extra cash, I would get the GPF2 which is slightly better designed. Also, if you read the earlier posts, you can get these juicers for cheaper from overseas but you risk getting damaged equipment and false representations with pictures of wrong machines. I'm pretty sure the machines from GPF are ordered from overseas but at least their machines are already in the states and they have a one year guarantee. I am definitely very happy with my purchase.

Simon

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
I'm planning to check out that GPF2 machine, thanks. I love this Thread and I love doing the research on these juicing machines, it's 'kinda' part of the fun of the whole process.

BTW, growing our own sugar-cane and press-juicing the fruit, is probably more healthy than buying freshly squeezed juice at a commercial store. The sugar cane that's used for juicing at the commercial store, may have pesticide residue on it. Which, over the long term, could be detrimental to the overall health.

waterlock

• india
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »
Dear All,

you have motorised sugar cane juicer in india which shall cost you around 550 USD

regards

kirubagaran

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2015, 08:28:25 AM »

QJH-L100A – Sugar Cane Juice Extractor

I found it here in Dubai.

http://www.sawasuae.com/index.php/qjh-l100a-sugar-cane-juice-extractor/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:40:21 AM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »
sugar cane extractor QJH QJH-L100A

US $1,350.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sugar-cane-extractor-QJH-QJH-L100A-/251761889195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9e2d8fab

:o It's very expensive in the USA. Here in Dubai i found it for about $650.

Moh'd

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
I've been using my manual crank sugarcane juicer waaaay more than I expected. I used it about 8-10 times in the last three weeks. I just love fresh squeezed sugarcane juice! Here's a picture of some juice I just squeezed. This variety of cane is great because the juice stays yellow till the next day if you squeeze a little lime into it as an antioxidant.

Anyways, I've been juicing a lot and I'm growing many different varieties of sugarcane so I thought about attaching the flywheel of my manual crank sugarcane juicer to a bike so that I can juice my cane easier and get some cardio at the same time. I did a YouTube search and it appears others have already put this contraption together.

I can easily buy an electric motor to attract to my unit but I like the idea of a bike powered juicer. I especially like it being more environmentally friendly as well as it most likely being more quiet and able to run without electricity.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b71AGXNOQRI
Simon

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
In the video, it looks easy to operate and has a compact design, I can't wait to get one, 'thanx.'

I think that this is the best, non-electric, domestic sugar-cane juicing machine that I've ever seen.
There's really only one best way to drink sugar cane juice, and that's freshly squeezed sugar cane juice.

I feel like I'm being cornered and thus getting closer to the point of buying some type/kind of Sugar Cane Juicer.

What I mean is, during the last two times I was trying to get a freshly squeezed sugar cane juice fix, I realized I couldn't get my sugar cane juice how I really wanted it.

At one popular store, I ordered some squeezed on the spot, sugar cane juice. The friendly young lady, who's been working there for years, had just been handling dollar bills and currency from customers just before handling the sugar cane to be squeezed, and that I was just about to drink. She even patted the back of the owner of the establishment when he passed by her. And, no, she did not wash her hands before handling the sugar canes with her bare hands. Now, I'm not against injesting some germs to prod the immune system, but this is at a whole different level.

Another day on a different sugar cane juice selling store, I noticed that the person handling the squeezing of the sugar cane juice that I was about to have, had gloves on! Nice touch! Nevertheless, I'm quite sure that the sugar cane in question came with pesticides on it, and some of it would go into the juice that I was about to drink. I suppose the same could be said for juice from other fruit sources.

In conclusion, I can't help but think that the only way to drink a truly healthy sugar cane juice is for me to grow my own sugar cane, which I am, and personally juice sugar cane with a sugar cane juicer, which I'm getting closer to buying.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:20:05 PM by LEOOEL »