Author Topic: Need help with Cherimoya  (Read 1044 times)

SixPlate

• Central California, 9B
    • View Profile
Need help with Cherimoya
« on: September 08, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »
Hi there,

I am new here (I can be found more often on the fig forum), but just got some new tropical trees I need help with not killing. I got this Cherimoya last week and was going to uppot, but didn't realize how deep of a container I would need. I didn't realize the nursery "pot" was just a bag without a bottom. The mix seems like plain dirt that is fairly dense. It is looking very sad right now and I am not sure what to do with it.

I live in 9B with wet winters and very dry hot summers. Does it make sense to put in ground right now or pot up to possibly put in ground later? I am afraid it would need a very large container that I won't actually be able to move 😥

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with Cherimoya
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »
Into the Earth

SixPlate

• Central California, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:53:54 AM »
Into the Earth

Aw, I wasn’t sure I was going to get any advice and ended up sticking it into a pot. I was too afraid of not being able to protect it in ground and I couldn’t decide on the best location given our cold rainy winters and scorching hot summer.

At this point, would you still recommend transplanting it?

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »
I just put a fairly large chaffey into the ground, I'm at the top of the 154, so it's hot like the valley. It has been doing extremely well since putting it in the ground. Don't fear.

SixPlate

• Central California, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »
Good to know, thanks K-Rimes. I am still flip flopping on where to plant all my various trees, but will consider putting this guy in ground too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk