Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

coconut sprouted

(1/1)

Pbala_Coco:
I had put away some coconuts in a plastic container, to plant when I move to a home in the next few months, but one of them has sprouted. what type of pot should I use to replant? should I use native mulch and add a lot of water? distilled water?  should I use slow release fertiliser at this time?
I am terrified that I will kill it. I live in a apartment and do not have any conducive place to get a lot of sun.

I am hoping one of you can spare a few mins to advice.

v/r
Pb

SeaWalnut:
I dont think it needs distilled water since these grow near seawater wich its a lot more concentrated in minerals than tap water.
I dont grow these thogh so i might be wrong.
I see young coconut trees in supermarket and they are in verry small pots just 2 times the volume of the coconut.
For sure,such small pots are not ideal no matter they can grow in them for a short time while feeding from the seed .

Jaboticaba45:
Coconuts need well draining soil preferably sandy soil. I have tried growing them with minimal success due to my greenhouse temperatures.

Pbala_Coco:
good evening,
thank you for responding. I was wondering if you could explain how you put up the green house
and what do you think went wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version