Author Topic: RarePalmSeeds.com (have you used this vendor? and how did it turn out?)  (Read 1786 times)

Bartacomus

• SE Texas, zone 9a, close to the coast. acidic clays, hot.. both dry and humid, rare freezes
    • View Profile
Hey Guys,

I was perusing Rarepalmseeds.com and came across several postings there. And it seems a little too good to be true. They have some seeds, in bulk amounts, that are so rare the world cant even agree what Latin Name to use on them.  They have seeds that are available no where else.  And i was just wondering if anyone has done any business with them.

If so.. what did you order, and what was the quality?

In addition, if you have a good story about ordering seeds from another vendor.. please tell us about it below. Who, and what it was.. and what your successes were with it.

thanks guys,
bart

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
I have ordered from them before , I ordered flamethrower palm tree seeds most of them germinated .

Ed
Zone 10

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
I’ve ordered lots of stuff from them. As you noted their catalogue is impressive. I’ve done best ordering palm seeds when they first appear in the list. So, you need to check their mailings and see what is fresh. Also some knowledge about the seeds is helpful. If the seeds are not a long lasting type then I wouldn’t order from them.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Ive ordered 5 different types of seeds in  small packs from them and none germinated.They were anonaceae,diospyros and a sapindaceae thats litchi like thogh it comes from verry dry areas ( dune soap berry) and the seeds should have a lot of dormancy.Zero germination after almost a year( i still have the seeds).
Another site with a more complex offer ,its sunshineseeds about ive heard they also sell mostly old,dead seeds but i couldnt try them because the seeds ive ordered from them didnt arrived at all and i waited soo long that i forget and didnt asked for a refund.
Ebay is better even if you order the seeds from China where there is a high chance you will receive seeds from another specie.
Seedpirates are the best place ive ordered seeds by now.Really professionally packed and the seeds were already germinated.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:27:49 AM by SeaWalnut »

Mvule101

• Arua, Uganda
    • View Profile
I've ordered from them quite a bit over the yeas. They are a bit expensive but reliable all their shipments arrive here in Uganda.

Some seeds are do not germinate especially those with a short life span, some, only one or two germinate but mostly I get fair germination and sometimes very good. This last order the Euterpe oleracea 'Pará Dwarf' had four of the twelve seeds already germinating.

Overall I recommend them.

Botanicus

• North Central Florida
    • View Profile
I've ordered many different types of seed from them over the past few years, mostly small packets of palms, fruits, & various ornamental plants. Successful germination has been mixed with some having nearly 100% germination and some zero. They do receive seed from all over the world and are dependent on the supplier for proper ID and handling, but I believe they try to be truthful about what they sell. That said, some plants just have very very short periods of viability (like cyclanths), or painfully slow germination rates (like some palms), so the buyer has some responsibility to research what they are trying to grow. I will give RPS credit for making many previously rare seeds available, and I'll continue to purchase from them.

Bartacomus

• SE Texas, zone 9a, close to the coast. acidic clays, hot.. both dry and humid, rare freezes
    • View Profile
Re: RarePalmSeeds.com (have you used this vendor? and how did it turn out?)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
Thanks Guys.  Sounds like they have about the same references as most places. I will give them a shot and see what i can pick up.  MUCH APPRECIATED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk