Author Topic: Where to by lychees in St. Petersburg?  (Read 1100 times)

Weboh

• US, FL, St. Petersburg, zone 10a
    • View Profile
Where to by lychees in St. Petersburg?
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
Is there any place around St. Petersburg that sells fresh lychees? Last year, I was able to pick some off of trees around town, but I've only seen one tree with a small harvest this year (out of about a dozen trees around town!). I know Lucky's sells lychees, but lat year they were all practically rotten. Is there a farmers/flea market around here that normally has lychees? Hopefully someone around here got a good enough crop to sell some.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Where to by lychees in St. Petersburg?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »
Check Mustang flea market on weekends they probably have some cost may be $5/lb or more.
Lots of other cool plants fruits and veg there are many Asian vendors with specialty produce.
Go very early the best crop sells first.
 http://thewagonwheelfleamarket.com/mustang/

FloridaFruits

• Bradenton, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »
If it's in season the red mustang flea market will have it. The fruit venders will be there Saturday and Sunday and by about 12 or 1 they normally shut down. I recommend to try and get there by 10 Sunday or else some merchants shut down by 11 or all the good stuff will be gone. I go there about once a month to buy the fruits.

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:09:53 PM »
I didn't see any at Mustang last weekend.
Michael

kmwilli6

• USA, FL, Tampa, 9
    • View Profile
    • Real Sweet Farms
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »
There were definitely lychees at Mustang last weekend and there will be more this weekend, however my contact is nearly sold out with pre-sales already.. Price ranges from $1.50/lb if you buy in bulk (20 lb) or up to $7/lb for varieties with chicken tongue seed. But go very early saturday morning, the market was packed last weekend.