Author Topic: Looking Genipa Americana seeds  (Read 1215 times)

wonderfruit

• US, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, 10
    • View Profile
Looking Genipa Americana seeds
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
Thanks for information. It s fruit recommended to treat diabetes. Thanks
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hardy Platas

• MEXICO
    • View Profile
Re: Looking Genipa Americana seeds
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
The Jenipa or Jagua as they know it by my zone, is of flavor and penetrating aroma and something caraterístico. Already madurs remember a fermented sweet. I have a tree but it is not yet fruit season.
HPlatas

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Looking Genipa Americana seeds
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »
I love Jagua drink ( cider? )  they make here,   it's more like an infusion,  they soak the fruit in a jar with water and sugar,  it ferments a bit.   regarding the tree,  from what I have been told, it takes a long time before the tree produces fruit,  over 7 years.  from seed.

I noticed you mentioned diabetes,  you might want to take a look at Gynostemma pentaphyllum.   its a vining herb,  used as a tea.   I usually try and stay away from the  over the top claims by people selling miracle pills,  and go for scientific research instead.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3572697/

the seeds are cheap, I purchased some off ebay ,  and they sprouted about a week ago.  although I do not have sugar problems,  there is a lot of other benefits of this herb.  among them it is an AMPK activator.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "