Author Topic: Looking for a couple IDs  (Read 1693 times)

mikesid

• Zone 10B/11a - East Boynton Beach - Florida
    • View Profile
Looking for a couple IDs
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »
Here is a picture of a pineapple I was given today, and a pic of a jackfruit..I know Ids would be difficult on plants like this but any help would be great!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a couple IDs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:35:55 PM »
For the jackfruit, assuming it is not a seedling, from the exterior I would say Black Gold.  What is the flesh like, texture-wise and color.
- Rob

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
Can't help much....especially regarding the pineapple.  Where is the jakfruit tree growing?  It could be Black Gold but it could also be many other things.

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

mikesid

• Zone 10B/11a - East Boynton Beach - Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Can't help much....especially regarding the pineapple.  Where is the jakfruit tree growing?  It could be Black Gold but it could also be many other things.

Harry
I'm not sure what the interior looks like. The only one that was off the tree was lying on the ground starting to rot already but I did grab some seeds out of it. The tree is located in Lake Worth. The person who owns the tree gave me the pineapple plant too. But they were not sure of the cultivars. Because of the age of the tree I figured it had to be an older cultivar. I will update with pic of interior when they ripen.