Author Topic: Palm Beach Rare Fruit Tree Council - Buying Land  (Read 1648 times)

Mr. Clean

• FLMangos.com
    • US, FL, West Palm Beach, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Florida's Finest Mangos
Palm Beach Rare Fruit Tree Council - Buying Land
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:40:56 AM »
For those who are members of the Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Tree Council, would you like the Chapter to buy property to grow fruit trees?  Is anyone interested in being on a committee to explore purchasing property for the Chapter?  I would like to gather the names of a few people interested in being on a committee before proposing it to the Chapter for consideration.
www.FLMangos.com

110+ fruit trees/plants; 60+ mango trees; 9 jackfruit; 6 avocado; 3 persimmon; longan; and a dog that keeps raccoons and squirrels away.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Palm Beach Rare Fruit Tree Council - Buying Land
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
Several clubs have gone this route, and they have generally ended up regretting it.  Capitalistic, individual enterprise tends to work better here than communalism does.
Har

SWRancher

• Merritt Island, FL Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Palm Beach Rare Fruit Tree Council - Buying Land
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:12:43 AM »
For those who are members of the Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Tree Council, would you like the Chapter to buy property to grow fruit trees?  Is anyone interested in being on a committee to explore purchasing property for the Chapter?  I would like to gather the names of a few people interested in being on a committee before proposing it to the Chapter for consideration.

You might want to consider joining the Broward Rare Fruit Council, we have a nice garden planted with all sorts of fruit trees.