Author Topic: Californian Rollinia  (Read 9260 times)

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
Re: Californian Rollinia
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 03:06:53 PM »
I gave up on my rollinas it does not like our arid hot climate. It was cold tolerant but it did not like the Santa Ana winds. I think it was Bruce or Oscar that recommended to keep it on a mister but I didn't feel the fruit was worth that much commitment since it barely ranks above custard Apple..,,,we have cherimoyas and atemoyas

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »
I gave up on my rollinas it does not like our arid hot climate. It was cold tolerant but it did not like the Santa Ana winds. I think it was Bruce or Oscar that recommended to keep it on a mister but I didn't feel the fruit was worth that much commitment since it barely ranks above custard Apple..,,,we have cherimoyas and atemoyas

Interesting -- might be then that it is appropriate for more coastal CA locations that are more humid and cooler?

I actually like the flavor of rollinia -- it's milder than cherimoya but that's sometimes a good thing.

Frog Valley Farm

• Messages have been disabled here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
🗯
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:59:27 AM by Frog Valley Farm »

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 09:47:45 AM »
I'm just hoping to have a taste of it..  :P hopefully it will fruit a small one for me..

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »
Rollinias love humidity and water, I planted mine about 4 feet from a canal and it's grown about 6 feet wider and 3 feet taller in a year