Author Topic: My Trees. Marabu Groves  (Read 10321 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: My Trees. Marabu Groves
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »
thanks for sharing all of the pics!!!

you have a real paradise! 

I gotta PM you to get some cuttings...I see a few things I've been after!

how much does admission cost to get into your park?   :P
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves - Redland, Florida
  • Marabu Groves
    • USA, Miami-Dade, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
hahaha, The entrance fee is $100 dollar, but we reciprocate with Fairchild  ;)

Im joking of course.

And just let me know Adam cause IOU
- David Antonio Garcia

Seadation

• USA, Miami, Fl, 33176 Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 04:38:28 PM »
Wow that's awesome when are you going to start the tours. Beautiful!

jc

• Treasure Coast, Florida, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
Very cool!
JC

terejiguete

• Canary Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »
very nice collection of trees

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
Where in Florida is Marabu Groves? You planted all that yourself David?! Very impressive, especially at your young age.
Oscar

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »
Marabu Groves in located in Redland, Florida. Thats the South West outskirts of Miami. We are about 1/2 a mile from Everglades National Park.

Oscar, it is mostly planted all by me. The large Longans and some of the Sugar Apples were planted by the previous owner.

Thanks Oscar, I have always been embarrassed by my age, for a long time I kept this all to myself. I always felt friends my age would think I was weird and older people interested in this would look down on me.

My father got me into this though, he always wanted to go into plant related work, but his mother pushed him to be a doctor. He wanted me to study horticulture or agricultural science and I was actually accepted to Zamorano, but I decided against it and decided to pursue a career in Law which my father is still trying to steer me away from.
- David Antonio Garcia

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
Marabu Groves in located in Redland, Florida. Thats the South West outskirts of Miami. We are about 1/2 a mile from Everglades National Park.

Oscar, it is mostly planted all by me. The large Longans and some of the Sugar Apples were planted by the previous owner.

Thanks Oscar, I have always been embarrassed by my age, for a long time I kept this all to myself. I always felt friends my age would think I was weird and older people interested in this would look down on me.

My father got me into this though, he always wanted to go into plant related work, but his mother pushed him to be a doctor. He wanted me to study horticulture or agricultural science and I was actually accepted to Zamorano, but I decided against it and decided to pursue a career in Law which my father is still trying to steer me away from.

Personally i very much admire young people going into growing food. Maybe it doesn't have much prestige in our society because our sociery is so much focused on money as the main factor in judging success?The main thing is to do a work that pleases you, and that way you will be a lot more succesful and happy. Our work is usually the part that occupies the biggest percentage of our life, so it's certainly very important to do something we like.
Oscar

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
For me, taking care of my trees is very much a stress reliever. And so I decided against turning my hobby/therapy into my career.
- David Antonio Garcia

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »

Personally i very much admire young people going into growing food. Maybe it doesn't have much prestige in our society because our sociery is so much focused on money as the main factor in judging success?The main thing is to do a work that pleases you, and that way you will be a lot more succesful and happy. Our work is usually the part that occupies the biggest percentage of our life, so it's certainly very important to do something we like.

All through out grade school, I've always heard this saying, being thrown around, "Do/enjoy something you like and you'll never work a day in your life"
That's why, I chose the Culinary path, instead of a more traditional one. Being Asian, my traditional career path, would have been, becoming a Doctor, lawyer, civil engineer, etc. Some family and Friends, still don't believe, I took the culinary path. As, I was highly academic, in high school. Like David, plants and nature is also my stress reliever :)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »

All through out grade school, I've always heard this saying, being thrown around, "Do/enjoy something you like and you'll never work a day in your life"
That's why, I chose the Culinary path, instead of a more traditional one. Being Asian, my traditional career path, would have been, becoming a Doctor, lawyer, civil engineer, etc. Some family and Friends, still don't believe, I took the culinary path. As, I was highly academic, in high school. Like David, plants and nature is also my stress reliever :)

Well i wouldn't go that far. Work is work. Difference is that if you do something you like you don't have to drag yourself out of bed each morning. Also you might find yourself working overtime without dreading it.  ;)
Oscar

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
Ya I didn't want to spoil my therapy with inserting the stress of making money into it.

Also, I my experience, Lawyers and Doctors always have the best gardens because their profession provide them with the most disposable income to spend on their hobby....and the most stress that needs to be relieved hahaha.
- David Antonio Garcia

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »
Ok, I don't know, why the quote is not working for me. It quotes a different one every time, I tried to quote the correct one. Must be some kind of technical problem with the site ATM?

Well, anyway, yes, I agree, work is work. But, what that quote is implying, is, if you enjoy your work, it will feel, as if, you're just doing you're daily hobby routine, and it won't seem like just another boring dreading long at day at work,  trying to make some money. But, what you said, also applies too :) Maybe, I said, the same thing, just word it differently? Hahaha, but, I agree with you

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 01:55:53 AM »
Ya I didn't want to spoil my therapy with inserting the stress of making money into it.
The stress level is usually directly related to the amount of money you are trying to make. Lawyers make a lot more money so are stressed out a lot more! Gardeners don't need to read law books or sit in on trials to unwind.  ;)

Also, I my experience, Lawyers and Doctors always have the best gardens because their profession provide them with the most disposable income to spend on their hobby....and the most stress that needs to be relieved hahaha.

Yes doctors and lawyers have very nice gardens because they have plenty of hired gardeners to do their work for them! HAHA
Oscar

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 08:14:03 AM »
I dont know Oscar, I know plenty of lawyers and doctors who seem pretty comfortable with a pickax and a barreta
- David Antonio Garcia

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
I dont know Oscar, I know plenty of lawyers and doctors who seem pretty comfortable with a pickax and a barreta

OK, good. I've yet to see one.  ;)
Oscar

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:17 AM »
Your tree collection is very beautiful. Congratulations!
Mike