Author Topic: Would you accept a tree in this condition?  (Read 7340 times)

WaterFowler

• Coachella Valley
    • View Profile
Re: Would you accept a tree in this condition?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 06:18:46 PM »
Have you tried to grow date palm ?.

I'm literally surrounded by thousands of medjool, barhi and deglet palms. We have 8 medjools on property.

Edit: I know a date farmer who has a barhi seedling that has a red blush to it with fantastic size and super sweet taste. If I add one more date palm that would be it. But I doubt he will be selling any shoots any time soon lol
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:44:53 PM by WaterFowler »

waxy

• San Jose, CA Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »
Wanted to chime in on my experience with them.

Spent 4 digits on their stuff and the largest container was 3 gallons.
Half of the trees purchased, were not even qualified for 3 gallons, they were suitable for 1 gallon after repotting them.

Purchased Taiwan Jujube on their site, died in 2 weeks.
The scion that was grafted looked like it was growing, it was actually not. Just a branch from the tree posing to look like it took.
Four other Guavas, same problem. Trees sold weren't successful takes and they're being sold with no guarantee.
Bunch of other stuff was purchased, many of them died, grafts died, rootstock survived.

They're located right behind Champa and from what I was told not a registered nursery.
All grafts were exactly the same on all trees, regardless of scion/rootstock sizing, bark/side veneer graft.
Some looked good, others look like it was done by a blind person.
Grafting material was just a clear garden tape.
Local pickup is not allowed, they are very shady and lie about sending you the best quality.
If that was the case they'd provide you accurate pictures of the stuff you've purchased before sending you one they neglected for so long.
They are members of this forum and lurking this thread, that's why you received your refund so quickly.

Overall experience, I waste my money and time, they came off very rude and that should have been a red flag.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:19:33 PM by waxy »

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 01:57:15 AM »
Show yourselves you lurkers!! If we find out you are dealing bad business, your business will receive a "Viking funeral" in said forum. If you're cool, no worries.
-Chris

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 10:59:10 AM »
Show yourselves you lurkers!! If we find out you are dealing bad business, your business will receive a "Viking funeral" in said forum. If you're cool, no worries.
I really believe in this, but what are the rules?? i posted about receiving a box full of white flies from a florida e-bay seller a couple years ago and was told very strongly by 1 of our admins to never do that again or i would be kicked off the form.                                       Patrick                                   

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
Alright, which admin? Because that is some old BS.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »
Have you tried to grow date palm ?.

I'm literally surrounded by thousands of medjool, barhi and deglet palms. We have 8 medjools on property.

Edit: I know a date farmer who has a barhi seedling that has a red blush to it with fantastic size and super sweet taste. If I add one more date palm that would be it. But I doubt he will be selling any shoots any time soon lol

Wonderful.

I personally prefer barhi over medjhool but, medjhool is still a very good cultivar to have. A good barhi date palm produce one of most delicious dates I have ever had, taste like Vanilla-Caramel.

You could try to grow Marula, this species can handle heat with no problem.
Moh'd

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »
Which fruiting date palm can’t handle heat with no problem?

Tnguyen

• Zone8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2020, 10:55:25 AM »
I know this post is old but I recently got burned by this seller as well! I'm a new member and recently joined to gain experience from growing tropical trees.  I was really wanted a crystal guava, and missle wax apple trees but found noone to sell, especially from where I live.  I've read some bad reviews from his facebook, etc..but didn't see one from this forum until now.  Anyhow, these are supposed to be '5gallons' plants and came with almost bare leaves as you can see.  This man doesnt reply to emails, messenger or phone calls! His website clearly stated to email him for a discount in shipping when ordered multiple, but yet he wont reply to any of it! When I emailed him about the condition of the plants, of course no reply!! I actually care more about if these plants will survive at all looking like this! His instructions said to put a clear bag over these plants, with two small hokes on the side...and that's it, when they arrive...Any tips, advise on how to care for these plants are appreciated!

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2020, 11:51:13 AM »
I know this post is old but I recently got burned by this seller as well! I'm a new member and recently joined to gain experience from growing tropical trees.  I was really wanted a crystal guava, and missle wax apple trees but found noone to sell, especially from where I live.  I've read some bad reviews from his facebook, etc..but didn't see one from this forum until now.  Anyhow, these are supposed to be '5gallons' plants and came with almost bare leaves as you can see.  This man doesnt reply to emails, messenger or phone calls! His website clearly stated to email him for a discount in shipping when ordered multiple, but yet he wont reply to any of it! When I emailed him about the condition of the plants, of course no reply!! I actually care more about if these plants will survive at all looking like this! His instructions said to put a clear bag over these plants, with two small hokes on the side...and that's it, when they arrive...Any tips, advise on how to care for these plants are appreciated!

I ordered a crystal seedless guava from the same seller couple months ago.  The tree is ugly and in bad shape, but I very want it so I didn't bother to contact the seller.  As long as there is root, pot it and put it under a shaded area to allow it to recovery.  My tree is doing fine and still ugly, but have two flower now.  Hope I can try the fruit this year. 

I brought another air-layer one from one of the forum member here.  The tree is beautiful.

This is my opinion, when you wanted an item and you can find any other source for it then deal with all the issue associated with it.  I remembered one of the forum member told me, "sometime money can't buy the tree/scion that you wanted, because you can't find the source for it."

Crystal seedless is one of the difficult one to find, and it is very hard to graft.  I made over 20 attempts, none success.

This tree is from that seller not from the forum member.

This tree is from the forum member.

Thanks,
Al
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 12:46:23 PM by pinkturtle »

Tnguyen

• Zone8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2020, 12:35:47 PM »
Pink, I agree totally that was why I went ahead and bought them anyways.  However, I was still hoping that he would have the courtesy to send me a somewhat decent one.  Heck, I would take yours instead! Lol.  Did you follow the bagging instructions? Please do share how you got yours to thrive.  It's been almost 1 week, and all my leaves have fell off...I'm getting nervous!

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »
No, did not follow the instructions provided to me.  I removed the cover and the paper.  Just kept the soil.  Beside I putted it under shaded area, I misted it during early morning and evening until it full recovery.  Don't fertilize it until it full recovery.   As you can see in the picture, I still mist it as today.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 12:59:07 PM by pinkturtle »

Tnguyen

• Zone8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2020, 10:40:16 AM »
Yea, I'm trying to keep the huminity up for them as well.  My guava seems ok so far but there's no sign for the wax apple yet! Yikes..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk