Author Topic: Another gigantic sabara yield mostly going begging  (Read 7610 times)

echinopora

• View Profile
Re: Another gigantic sabara yield mostly going begging
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 09:54:53 PM »
I think the sugar content is high enough that the alcohol hits the lethal level for the yeast before all the sugar can be fermented. If you were real keen you would measure the sugar content and cut it with water to get to a sugar level that allowed for complete fermentation without excess sugar, like they do with some of the carb free beers.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
Re: Another gigantic sabara yield mostly going begging
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 05:33:12 AM »
I think the sugar content is high enough that the alcohol hits the lethal level for the yeast before all the sugar can be fermented. If you were real keen you would measure the sugar content and cut it with water to get to a sugar level that allowed for complete fermentation without excess sugar, like they do with some of the carb free beers.

I normally get my ginger beer as close os possibly to this level and it is potent ha ha my folks love it.
Must be a heck of alot of sugar in Jabos I would love to try the wine or even the juice. I will look online if it is available to ship here.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau