Water Soluble NPK
2 (15.4%)
Time Release NPK
2 (15.4%)
All the above are equal and each have a useful purpose
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 15, 2020, 10:44:30 PM

Author Topic: What is the best type of fertilizer, then watch my video and comment please.  (Read 826 times)

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
I'm an teacher/engineer/scientist and trying to share science based information. I am really interested in challenging the science behind my theory. Is it easy to follow and understand? Feel free to question me and comment. Looking for honest feedback, feel free to share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHMmBCCO9TY

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
I really like slow release pellets for containers.  I'd use manure or whatever else I could get my hands on for in-ground trees

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
I like organic fertilisers because i prever a more stable soil biology with bacteria that decomposes and all the chain reactions that happen.
Chemical fertilisers i only use them as foliar sprays.

The video is nice but has like 3 mistakes:
- plants dont put the sugars only in the roots,they also use it to atract polinators or to build themselves as the sugar is just a carbon source.
Nitrogen fixer plants exchange sugars for nitrogen.
They basically feed sugar into the ground ,bacteria feeds on it and it blooms ,splitting N2.
When the plants needs nitrogen,then simply switches off the sugar feeding of bacteria ,bacteria dies then the nitrogen cycle starts to decompose the bacteria from aminoacids( proteins)to amines( bad smelling substances with names like cadaverine,putrescine,etc,each aminoacid decomposes to a certain amine) then the amines to ammonia.
Basically nitrogen fixer plants farm bacteria to split the N2 for them.
Wich type of bacteria they farm? Any type of bacteria that they find in the soil as all bacterias need a carbon source to multiply and they all can split the N2.
- guano(fossilised bat poo) its mostly phosphorus not a nitrogen source and was used only as a phosphate source.( Nitrogen has long disapeared from guano and got back into the atmosphere).
I made a forum here about dog manure.My dog poo after he eated bones.The white type of dog poo is really high in phosphates both easy soluble and low soluble but well crushed and i consider it probably even better than guano in terms of availability.

Its like when you cycle an aquarium or a pond.
You can add a dead fish and wait to decompose naturally or you can add ammonia.I prefer to add the fish.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:04:24 PM by SeaWalnut »

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Thanks for the feedback.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk