Author Topic: New seeds: Plinia Grandifolia and Plinia Aureana (white jabuticaba)  (Read 4106 times)

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
Seeds available from Plinia Grandifolia to Plinia Aureana, material different from what is already outside of Brazil.

Plinia Grandifolia from seeds collected in 2004, Matrix originated from Minas Gerais, what exists outside of Brazil the Matrix are from Rio de Janeiro, then they are different fruits, sweet fruits, similar flavor to Feijoa (Acca Selowiana), excellent pulp / seed, great chance for collectors.

Plinia Aureana, a native type of my region, we do not have a specific name for the variety, very good tasting, lots of water and flavor that resembles a mixture of jabuticaba with Cymbopogon citratus, deliciously refreshing.

About freight, prices of mails and etc, save time and look at the attached link.

The postings will be held every Thursday, because I live far from the city and only have that date to go to the post office.

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=25141.0

All posts will follow with Tracking Number.

Selling minimum 10 seeds.

Price: Plinia Grandifolia 5 USD per seed and Plinia Aureana 3 USD per seed. both species required 7 years for first fruits.

Doubts please use pm or email nelesedulis@gmail.com.

Thank you

Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
Re: New seeds: Plinia Grandifolia and Plinia Aureana (white jabuticaba)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
Hi Alexandre,

thank you for Plinia seeds, they arrived in perfect condition very weel packed in slightly moist sphagnum. I think it is the best packaging method for jabuticabas, as I have 100 % germination rate. They not only survived long way to Europe but I can immediately plant them to soil because they have developed strong root and epicothyl. I will definitely buy from you again.

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the return on the seeds, Plinia Peruviana really is a species for great collectors like you!

It will be a pleasure to send new materials to you and to everyone, lately I have been working with weird species, off the curve! Often people are afraid to buy because they are very unknown, but all material of good quality and taste, But I have many other more common species, those who have interest, I can provide as well.

In November I will visit Plinia Peruviana again, and I should make a video about the tasting of the fruit.

Thank you.
Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

pitbull-rus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »
Alexander really a very nice person and seller.I got the seeds even in the cold and they are all alive.Thanks for the seeds, my friend.

dadloring

• Canada/BC/Victoria/Zone9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 02:05:18 AM »
Curious about the other species you have.

mygc

• Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 02:20:28 AM »
Is Plinia grandifolia the same as Grimal jaboticaba?

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 03:28:26 AM »
No grimal is very different and erroneously labelled as the large leafed jaboticaba and it has fuzz on the fruit. It was thought that grimal was a M.spirito santensis but it is not, just similar. Grimal is undescribed or at least unresolved.

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »
No grimal is very different and erroneously labelled as the large leafed jaboticaba and it has fuzz on the fruit. It was thought that grimal was a M.spirito santensis but it is not, just similar. Grimal is undescribed or at least unresolved.

Dear Mike , I have several Grimal's growing thanks to my friend ED , since these have been growing for ages in the USA one would assume it is a pritty common variety in Brasil , why has none of our Brazilian friends / experts come up with the real scientific name ? Unless I missed it Grimal is not even mentioned in the new Lorenzi book .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 02:38:00 AM »
Adam referred to "Grimals" as being Myrciaria sp. Grimal (unidentified species). In Brazil, known as: "Peluda de Alagoas" FYI. Chris
-Chris