Author Topic: What are your observations using Compost tea for foliar and soil drench ...  (Read 1707 times)

mangomanic12

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
I intend to start brewing my own tea this weekend and use a soil drench and  to foliar feed my trees.
What have you noticed over weeks / months/ years on soil and plant health.
I am totally new to this but i have been reading about outstanding benefits.
Please share your thoughts.
Also any beneficial compost tea recipe especially for mango foliar feeding
Thanks guys!

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
I have made a couple batches of worm tea, seemed to make my plants happy, I haven't made any recently though, my wife sequestered my heavy duty pump for the aquarium,  :o ,  my problem is getting fresh sources of worm casting here in the DR, the stuff on store shelves, who knows how long its been sitting around or how pure it is. 

I think the quality of these teas all depends on the quality of the compost your using to make them remember GIGO ( garbage in, garbage out ).

William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

happyisland

• all mangoes, all the time!
    • Aruba, Mon Plaisir, Zone 14a
    • View Profile
WSU has done a bunch of work on Compost Tea. Here's a quick document to get you started on their findings:
http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~Linda%20Chalker-Scott/Horticultural%20Myths_files/Myths/Compost%20tea.pdf

Here's the TL;DR:
"The Bottom Line
•Properly composted organic material makes a wonderful mulch
•Compost teas have not been suitably characterized, nor have their purported benefits been
validated scientifically
•Compost teas can be overused and potentially contribute to ground water pollution

mangomanic12

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
T'DUDE  - Thx for those great points about quality of the compost , i will also use worm castings based on your statements
Happy-  i appreciate the link and read up on this further, i am sure its very beneficial to plant health. As with anything do in moderation !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk