Author Topic: Opinions wanted on Espoma Organic Citrus-tone Plant Food  (Read 891 times)

mangomongo

• MERRITT ISLAND
    • View Profile
Opinions wanted on Espoma Organic Citrus-tone Plant Food
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
Please share your opinion of the Espoma Organic Citrus-tone Plant Food and any real world results if you have first hand experience using it. I am considering making a switch to this product VS using straight up 10-10-10 sometimes 12-0-12 and alternating with the VIGORO 6-4-6 citrus fert with micro's from HD. I try and put a little bit on at the first of every month and sometimes stake a hole in the ground and poor it in, hoping it will keep it from washing out through my very sandy soil. I know that Excalibur makes an excellent slow release with micro fert but Im 3 hours north. Ive used the Garden Tone on vegetable plants with very impressive yields that I have yet to see using anything else.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:26:17 PM by mangomongo »

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions wanted on Espoma Organic Citrus-tone Plant Food
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:16 PM »
I use a variety of different fertilizers on my fruit trees depending on their state and rate of growth. I use the Espoma Citrus tone starting in Spring when my trees are starting to kick into gear because it will release nutrients slowly and feed the microbial life which in turn feeds the worms and other organisms in the soil.

If my trees set a heavy crop, I also give frequent but very dilute feedings with SulPoMag, Azomite and Gypsum but not at the same time.

Last year, I also started feeding my trees with Nutricote smart release fertilizer which is great for trees that are frequently irrigated because other types of fertilizers may get washed away with frequent waterings, this is probably most noticeable in sandy soils or with potted plants.

Here’s a pic of my lemon tree which gave me about 150 lemons already and probably still has over 100 fruit on it, leaves are a little chlorotic because of the extremely heavy fruit load year after year.

Simon

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
Re: Opinions wanted on Espoma Organic Citrus-tone Plant Food
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:02 AM »
Howard fertilizer has a location in Orlando. I use their 8-2-12, slow release and great micros. Works better than the Diamond R sold at Excalibur in my yard.
Brandon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk