Author Topic: Most bloom ever  (Read 1430 times)

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
Most bloom ever
« on: March 27, 2021, 12:21:51 AM »
Sprayed with 0.25% LB urea  in late January following Millet's advice causes my washington navel to produce the most bloom ever.  I have this tree since 1995 and it has never given this many flowers before.  Thank you Millet.

What will I do if it sets a million of fruits 🤔 ? ???  It is a semi-dwarf tree and only 5 feet tall.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 12:27:02 AM by Lovetoplant »

Pandan

• Southeast USA
    • View Profile
Re: Most bloom ever
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »
Congratulations, hope you like orange juice  ;D

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:46:00 AM »
Very nice tree!

GFC

• High Springs Florida Zone 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:30:49 PM »
Sprayed with 0.25% LB urea  in late January following Millet's advice causes my washington navel to produce the most bloom ever.  I have this tree since 1995 and it has never given this many flowers before.  Thank you Millet.

What will I do if it sets a million of fruits 🤔 ? ???  It is a semi-dwarf tree and only 5 feet tall.

Does that apply to all citrus tree varieties. Also where does one purchase the Urea spray and how do you determine the amount to spray. Thanks

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 07:01:33 PM »

Does that apply to all citrus tree varieties. Also where does one purchase the Urea spray and how do you determine the amount to spray. Thanks

I bought it from Fruit Grower Supply.  50lbs bag.  I believe you can apply to all citrus, except kumquat,  to promote extra bloom.  I mixed 2 TBS per gal of water
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:23:45 PM by Lovetoplant »

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:15:56 PM »
I thought the dose is 1% from what I know.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 12:03:36 PM »
The rate is .25 lbs. low biuret urea / gallon water

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 02:22:13 PM »
The rate is .25 lbs. low biuret urea / gallon water

That means 3%

He said he sprayed 0.25% lb urea. Or maybe he referred to 0.25% as maximum biuret content

I think a good effect is from 1% to 3%

Also
Postbloom foliar applications of
potassium nitrate or mono-potassium
phosphate at 8 lbs. K2O per acre have
also been found to increase yield and
fruit size. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:48:21 PM by lebmung »

sea4

• NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 06:57:19 PM »

I bought it from Fruit Grower Supply.  50lbs bag.  I believe you can apply to all citrus, except kumquat,  to promote extra bloom.  I mixed 2 TBS per gal of water
I was unaware of a reason to exclude kumquats from urea spray. I have sprayed mine for 2 years now...?

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 07:47:04 PM »
I've interested in "why not kumquats?" also as I have a ton of them and as far as I have seen they have the same requirements as true citrus.

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 02:20:15 AM »
Millet mentioned that kumquat is not considered "citrus" in one of a discussion thread.  So I assume that spraying it with urea may not work.  I could be wrong...

poncirsguy

• Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 6a/6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
The decision that the kumquat is not a citrus was made by a MALE Homosapien.  If you don't tell the kumquat tree is not a citrus it won't know and will probably respond to Urea positively.

containerman

• Modesto,CA Area 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 10:37:47 AM »
Yes that tree is loaded with blossoms for sure. I've noticed the most blossoms this year on my trees as well, especially on all my mandarins.

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »
Millet mentioned that kumquat is not considered "citrus" in one of a discussion thread.  So I assume that spraying it with urea may not work.  I could be wrong...

ah, okay.  Even though kumquats are in fortunella group they can be considered citrus for all practical matters, including care an fertilization.

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 03:21:31 AM »
The decision that the kumquat is not a citrus was made by a MALE Homosapien.  If you don't tell the kumquat tree is not a citrus it won't know and will probably respond to Urea positively.
Great analogy 👍