Author Topic: Where Has The Citrus Psyllid Been Found So Far In California  (Read 1521 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Where Has The Citrus Psyllid Been Found So Far In California
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
In addition to part of Santa Clara County, citrus psyllid quarantines have been established in Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Tulare, Ventura and portions of Fresno, San Joaquin Valley, Kern and San Luis Obispo counties. -  Millet
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:19:07 PM by Millet »

ClayMango

• MangoHunter
    • Zone 9B Ca
    • View Profile
Re: Where Has The Citrus Psyllid Been Found So Far In California
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »
I have it in my backyard, spotted it on my Lime and valencia Orange tree, even spotted some on my Mango trees.

However I don't think that they carry the desease, my trees seeem fine... I had a few yellow leaves on much of my Citrus, but I think most of those were old leaves and some with sun damage as we seen 106 f highs this summer.

Thinking about joining a Fruitaholics anonymous support group...Fruit addiction has taken over my life!

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »
You can't tell if its infected until it's too late. I have the bugs too. I hope the disease is not there. I don't know if the wasps are helping. I still spray a lot of these bugs off the tree.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »
As of today Lodi California, and Manteca California can be added to the citrus quarantine areas.  The good news is that to date, none of the psyllids that have been found in California insects traps, have been found to carry the HLB disease. - MIllet