Author Topic: Wanted: Ice Cream Banana  (Read 2962 times)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Wanted: Ice Cream Banana
« on: October 27, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »

Can anyone ship me Ice Cream/Blue Java bananas (actual fruits). I really want to find out what all the fuss is about and why so many consider it best tasting banana. Also, see if it would be worth growing in the future. I enquired at the post office and it seems like it is totally ok to ship perishable items in one of those flat rate boxes. I can pay well above market price compared to regular bananas. You make some money too.
Shipping to IL. Please let me know through this thread or private message.

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Ice Cream Banana
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »
Sorry, I don't have BJ bananas right now. It sure is one of the best bananas, very very tasty. Of course it has nothing to do with 'ice cream'...

ReneeFLL

• USA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
Where are you located? I have a small plant so it will be a while before I get bananas. If you don't get any before then I can send you some depending on where you are.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:35:18 PM by ReneeFLL »

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
Mine are fruiting now , they are really good but then again there's are a lot of bananas that are really good . They are very productive in the right climate . I am waiting for the Ae Ae to fruit , seems those are also excellent.
Sorry can't ship from Mexico.
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »
Where are you located? I have a small plant so it will be a while before I get bananas. If you don't get any before then I can send you some depending on where you are.

I did say shipping to Illinois. Anyway, I put few words in "introduce yourself" section to avoid future confusion. If you ever get your Ice Cream bananas fruiting, I'd like to buy some to get an idea of the taste. Provided nobody will sell me first:)

ReneeFLL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »

I did say shipping to Illinois. Anyway, I put few words in "introduce yourself" section to avoid future confusion. If you ever get your Ice Cream bananas fruiting, I'd like to buy some to get an idea of the taste. Provided nobody will sell me first:)

Sorry, guess I missed the IL part. I usually look at the profile info to see where people are located. I read your info where you introduced yourself and all I saw was USA. Very interesting info about your Sri Lanka area. Below is a link to where Patrick explains how to post your location to your profile.

I hope you get the bananas before mine are ready since it will be a while. I only have one plant and it is just about 3' high. If you don't, please let me know and I will give you some when they are ready. I do have plenty of the Raja Puri if you are interested. I also have other bananas, but I have aquired them recently so none of them are ready.

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=2746.msg38745#msg38745
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:18:52 AM by ReneeFLL »

ReneeFLL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »
 :o. I must be having eye problems since I didn't even see Sri Lanka or USA in your profile. Please, please tell me you just put them there, otherwise I think I am losing it.  :(

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »
:o. I must be having eye problems since I didn't even see Sri Lanka or USA in your profile. Please, please tell me you just put them there, otherwise I think I am losing it.  :(

Yes, I just put it there  :) Your eyes are perfectly fine  :)