Author Topic: Happy guacamole day  (Read 2082 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Happy guacamole day
« on: September 16, 2020, 02:08:15 PM »
Can you say pass the Hass :) I like to put guacamole on my sandwiches. What spice do you like to add to yours? I like celery salt

Guacamole does the body good :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:41:11 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Muni

• All there is.
    • Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: Happy guacamole day
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »
Lemon zest.
Allow yourself to know, if you wish, that this is a multi dimensional communication.
See what happens.

Francis_Eric

• 40 miles west of Chicago Aurora IL ZONE 5
    • View Profile
    • https://myspace.com/undisclosedforthetime/
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »
If your cutting these things for a few hours good to have a dry rag they get slippery
I know better cutting but doing for some time you can zone out .

I think this is important enough to add with the dry rag as I had a accident a few years ago with my thumb.

I like to cut with my thumb as a guild against the side of the knife.
preventing the knife from cutting, and curl my fingers in .

A lot faster to cut them all, up at once
 and scoop out the insides later too.

I know people that cut scoop cut scoop way to impractical , and takes forever
(not that I work in a restaurant , or ever have -but noticed people throughout the years )

I have to ask though How do you guys preserve all that Avocado ?
or do the trees let you pick some, and let some hang so, so many do not go to waste?

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
I thought guacamole day was when all the sweaty mens in helmets and leotards smash into each other in big piles before someone kisses the golden trophy and proclaims that they are going to the happiest place on earth??

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 01:30:45 PM »
I thought guacamole day was when all the sweaty mens in helmets and leotards smash into each other in big piles before someone kisses the golden trophy and proclaims that they are going to the happiest place on earth??

Would that be on red shirt day?
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 04:01:07 AM »

Would that be on red shirt day?

Guess I have a Daniel Tosh sense of humor , but
There is more than one red shirt day That makes it extra funnier .
Bushtobeach
I prefer the skit where they are doing work out video's guess it doesn't fit with the sweaty helmet reply though.

Celery seed(not salt) is good with tuna onion , and mayonnaise on bread.

Red Shirt Day (for AccessAbility and Inclusion) is a day when people across Canada come together and wear red in schools, workplaces and spaces everywhere in order to create a visible display of solidarity: to show their support for persons and families who are living with disabilities, celebrate the achievements of people living with disabilities, and to pledge their commitment to help create a fully accessible and inclusive society that honours and values the contributions of people of all abilities in all aspects of life in Canada.
Red Shirt Day takes place on the Wednesday of National AccessAbility Week each year. In 2021, Red Shirt Day will take place on Wednesday, June 2nd, and National AccessAbility Week is from Sunday, May 30 to Saturday, June 5

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 04:18:37 AM »
I bet everyone got smashed and went crackers

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 02:35:30 PM »
This one looks good ! (don't read the back of the DVD Ruins the whole movie)

The government hires a feminist at the local university to track down the Piranha Women living in the uncharted Avocado Jungle (westernmost outpost is San Bernardino) to convince them to move to a reservation condo in Malibu. She hires a guide at the edge of the jungle, a male chauvinist pig, and they have many arguments about men and women as they work their way in, and eventually confront the Piranha Women. 

--

The U.S. government, eager to protect the nation's avacado supplies, recruits feminist professor Margo Hunt to make contact with the Piranha Women, an all-female tribe who believe men are only good as a source of food. Accompanying Dr. Hunt on her trip are Jim, a guide of questionable competence, and Bunny, a student of unquestionable incompetence.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 02:39:44 PM by Francis_Eric »

slopat

• USA, California, central coast, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
The movie brings back memories,  Mystery Science Theater?

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 09:54:16 PM »
In the Chicago Area we have Svengoolie I guess Elvira Did something
Cannibal woman,  in the Avocado Jungle, and this whole time I thought it was a different kind of movie has Bill Mahar.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/13-nights-elvira-cannibal-women-in-avocado-jungle-death/id942103828

I like watching my bad movies in silence , but that comment brought back Memories for me as well , but for svengoolie.
Guess He's nation wide now on metv used to be for the Chicago area (we never had cable or cared )

Svengoolie's mentions of the Chicago suburb of Berwyn are met with an audio clip of several people groaning "BERWYN?!?

Hay Bovine maybe you could get off the pot, and try this could be your new cash crop jut learn to become a chemist.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »
In the Chicago Area we have Svengoolie I guess Elvira Did something
Cannibal woman,  in the Avocado Jungle, and this whole time I thought it was a different kind of movie has Bill Mahar.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/13-nights-elvira-cannibal-women-in-avocado-jungle-death/id942103828

I like watching my bad movies in silence , but that comment brought back Memories for me as well , but for svengoolie.
Guess He's nation wide now on metv used to be for the Chicago area (we never had cable or cared )

Svengoolie's mentions of the Chicago suburb of Berwyn are met with an audio clip of several people groaning "BERWYN?!?

Hay Bovine maybe you could get off the pot, and try this could be your new cash crop jut learn to become a chemist.

Did you ever make it down to Florida to buy your plants I thought I saw on the local news the bully boys chasing someone with flip flops.  Night Gallery was the best. There's more than enough dead chickens in our cemeteries. No need to watching a clown with a rubber chicken.

This was one of the better shows that came out of that area Second City Television

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:01:39 PM by bovine421 »

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 08:24:10 PM »
Yes I've been back It wasn't necessarily   for plants that came secondary guitar Keyboard, etc., but I flew home.

Can you say pass the Hass :) I like to put guacamole on my sandwiches. What spice do you like to add to yours? I like celery salt

Are those Mexican Eggs not the white ones from the grocery store the brown ones ?

I mentioned the Tuna with celery seed I now have to add rice to salty
I like hard boiled Eggs in my tuna burgers mellows out salty tuna anyways.

I made those Deviled eggs Done it the lazy way too a lot (and traveling by bicycle with a mess kit, and bacon grease candle.)
Just cut each egg add mayo , and salt (or pepper if you like too.)

GFC

• High Springs Florida Zone 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 08:31:05 PM »

Up until a few yrs ago I hated avocados until one day my wife convinced me to put a few thin slices on a turkey sandwich. The avocado blended so well with the turkey, mayo, tomatoes, and lettuce. I love avocados now, esp guacamole , really good on a hamburger.

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
I actually found that Avocado Movie looking for that information of Avocado God the 9 Men 1 Woman , and the Moon thing of the Aztecs.

Both posts were deleted so I could of wrote all these posts in one day
Not a narcistic statement just the way I write (but I lost the write wording for some posts)
I suppose it's better to sugar feed these things to start conversation (or pre write them when I'm feeling it)

[/quote]

Did you ever make it down to Florida to buy your plants I thought I saw on the local news the bully boys chasing someone with flip flops.  Night Gallery was the best. There's more than enough dead chickens in our cemeteries. No need to watching a clown with a rubber chicken.

This was one of the better shows that came out of that area Second City Television

[/quote]
By the way
Yes I love that Classical guitar worth $2000, (not like my other cheaper one )
but not as much as one worth couple hundred cheap Jasmine finger style acoustic (I lost)  just not what I play, those steel strings ring longer.
maybe learn to Love it more when I figure  it out or learn classical guitar. --
all my finger Harmonic techniques dynamics in my songs do not sound right.
(dynamics = one string rings subtle/(or) while others are playing)
(harmonic notes = little twangs like bells or also  harsh notes or dull tones it varies by the expression. )
So you'd think My left hand with the Finger movements are the complicated parts
no actually in my case the picking is , and slow can be difficult to play as well depends on the rhythm.

Didn't watch TV as a Kid really , but it was nice to come home, and have some food with it on sometimes.
I think I watched a full Sveengoolie once , saw it  not long ago ready for sleep drinking so I was in a weird state of mind,
I liked is Off rhythm parody song with bad timing like a hook to a song, a teaser waiting for the punch line actually talented.

I liked Saturday Night live with Chris Farly in the 90's been to Madison where he lived for a month or two
someone knew his family or knew someone that knew someone that knew his family kind of thing.

Some cast in Not my area , but like second city some were from Canada
Kids in the hall was funny My Best Friend, and I  would watch when Like in grade school (I played guitar as 9 so it was young)
My pen My pen skit pretty Funny they are More into the horror Movies I like Em, but Not crazy into them like they are.

I quit Smoking , but Used to do my paper route early Sunday Morning 5, 6 am
 listen to Jimi Hendrix, with the TV muted always made a good story watched that Alaska TV show Northern Exposure
Have some strange coincidences watching black sabbath with the Brady bunch, and stuff Like that,
Things do fall into place like that for me with the shows
New Computer just out of the Box leaving FL took 3 hours to get a Plane ticket said PC not working when buying the plane ticket
so not much sleep 3 hours, but in the end worked in my favor woke up awake actually feeling  awake,
 paid a kid 100 to drive me to the airport, and he drove nuts
(even on the shoulder past traffic speeding through 3 yellow lights at once ), and got me there on time delayed flight..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 09:23:49 PM by Francis_Eric »

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »
Yes I asked A man with a woman, but she said no needed to pick up the kids
I said can't I just buy you a Taxi instead I got to go hahah (His Nephew pulled up at the moment I think)

Always got to push, and shove in this World , when the world is always trying to $ nickle, and $ dime you
(like Amtrak Trains They advertise full size bikes in a Magazine that fold for no charge they always try to charge me for mine.
I have to go around looking for employers (should just get the magazine) next time.

I prefer having a flip phone too no need to be bothered , lately Wanting to write to get it out of my system
quit the computer for a number of years, like I said should get a live Journal or something or better yet a working type writer

you know your eyes are like a Muscle if you look away from the book or screen they re adjust works them out
this keeps your eye sight better in the long run, but in a good book can lose the rhythm of the story if your into it.

A bicycle is good to get away from it all no need to go over board with goals
most people brush there teeth every day even just a 5 minute ride or so can be good to get into a rhythm of doing it all the time
lucky I always liked it as a kid, but have gone through periods of life of losing all motivation
Bovine brought up the running thing with flip flops Yes I was in jail, but could of been fun for the month if I would of excepted it
 lost 4 friends in death in a short time though, but what can you do should of just not wasted life laying around in jail.
 (I had the $4000 bail  couldn't get it in jail yes 10% of 40,000)

Francis_Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2020, 12:44:55 AM »
For Jimi Hendrix wear good head phones no cheap speaker For a good album that is mellow try Axis Bold as love (on Vemo)
Voodoo soup is good , but I cannot find it online --- (I looked on jimi hendrix .com some play full songs I do not suggest hearing samples)
I like it all I was glad when I found the Jimi Hendrix cassette tapes in my Neighbors land lord paid me to clean out
Curtis Knight singing with Jimi (sounds more oldies sounding in a way)

(wasn't suppose to ramble all that on about that Florida/guitar stuff , but post few days ago
 didn't want to make 5 or more posts back to back)

I did Not hope to offend anyone with that red shirt day
I even started making a mixed tape for Bush to brush with 3 songs so far
This is off Jimmy Buffett's web site so no copy right violation

Son of a Son of a Sailor
CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE
Jimmy Buffett
Tried to amend my carnivorous habits.
Made it nearly seventy days,
Losin' weight without speed, eatin' sunflower seeds,
Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays.

But at night I'd have these wonderful dreams
Some kind of sensuous treat.
Not zucchini, fettuccine, or bulgur wheat,
But a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat.

Cheeseburger in paradise.
Heaven on earth with an onion slice.
Not too particular, not too precise.
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.
Well, good God Almighty, which way do I steer
For my cheeseburger in paradise.

Verse 2:
Heard about the old time sailor men,
They eat the same thing again and again;
Warm beer and bread they say could raise the dead.
Well, it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn.

But times have changed for sailors these days.
When I'm in port I get what I need;
Not just Havanas or banana or daiquiris,
But that American creation on which I feed!

Cheeseburger is paradise medium rare with Muenster'd be nice
Not too particular, not too precise

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well, good god Almighty which way do I steer

For a cheeseburger in paradise
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice.
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice
To get a cheeseburger in paradise;
To be a cheeseburger in paradise.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:02:50 AM by Francis_Eric »

GFC

• High Springs Florida Zone 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 01:26:16 PM »