Author Topic: Kaffir Lime Leaf Problem  (Read 869 times)

Josh16

• Australia, Melbourne
    • View Profile
Kaffir Lime Leaf Problem
« on: September 13, 2020, 03:48:58 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone could please help me diagnose an issue with one of my Kaffir Lime trees.

Roughly 75% of all the leaves on the tree have developed some kind of fungus (photo attached).

Any Ideas of what this could be and how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

laidbackdood

• Perth.Western Australia.
    • View Profile
Re: Kaffir Lime Leaf Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 01:09:46 PM »
Thats pretty freaky but personally i would remove the damaged leaves.........check your moisture levels ...leaves can go like that when the plant is too wet..but someone else will more than likely know on here.....get your watering and feeding correct and your half way there.

Laaz

• Charleston, SC 9a
    • View Profile
    • Citrusgrowers forum
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 01:13:43 PM »
Looks like rust mite damage.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 03:25:11 PM »
I would spray it with a copper spray.  In Australia Copper spray is about all that they allow for citrus.

pagnr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 07:04:17 PM »
The C. hystrix is cold sensitive, and Australia is just coming out of winter, Melbourne would be having cold frosty mornings and nice warm sunny days later.
The plant is in a pot, so it might be in part due to inactive roots in cold soil, but warm leaves.  It seems that the older leaves are affected but new leaves are clean ?
Kaffir Lime seedlings are fussy, and grafted plants can grow well, but still be fussy on some rootstocks.
Maybe a liquid seaweed fertilizer might help.
A copper spray might be protective.
Another alternative is OCP Eco Carb fungicide based on Potassium Bicarbonate, or Eco Carb Plus,  based on Potassium Bicarbonate + Potassium Silicate.

Unless you have a confirmed pest or disease problem, I wouldn't remove leaves just for looks as you will stunt the growth of a young plant.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 05:34:22 AM »
3200km (2000 miles) due north we don't see that kinda behaviour from Kaffirs and have to take to them with machetes to control them. Maybe it is just the cold that has compromised it and influenced nutrient uptake and vulnerability to fungal attack. There are a range of suitable citrus fungicides at places like Bunnings and yeah copper based is good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk