Author Topic: Genuine Buddy Tape for Grafting - Group Order Open - 2020 (Open)  (Read 68814 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Genuine Buddy Tape for Grafting - Group Order Open - 2020 (OPEN)
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2020, 12:02:37 AM »
I tried to contact you too behl about scions.  Where did you go?  Hope all is well with you. 
Brad Spaugh

beicadad

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »
Can someone try to contact Behl? He hasn’t logged in since feb 25. Hope everything is fine.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »
I realized today the 22$ rolls are 30M long, standard size rolls I believe are 60M, so that was probably the reason for the low price.

Just got confirmation that there is no smaller roll of buddybtape. $22 whoever is selling is either selling at loss to clear old inventory or selling fake.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:34:07 PM by behlgarden »

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2020, 01:16:21 PM »
hey guys, dont panic. I have a fulltime job and was out on business trip to PA. got back last friday. 

Update: Tapes are expected to arrive by March 21 , give or take few days sooner (its consistent with original post where I put expected shipping date in 3rd week of March). also, those who wanted and put orders here and did not pay, now would be the time to pay so it does not delay.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:25:30 PM by behlgarden »

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2020, 10:42:13 PM »
I realized today the 22$ rolls are 30M long, standard size rolls I believe are 60M, so that was probably the reason for the low price.

Just got confirmation that there is no smaller roll of buddybtape. $22 whoever is selling is either selling at loss to clear old inventory or selling fake.

There are 30M rolls I have a few of them and they come in green and yellow boxes with japanese writing from aglis. 

But 30$ per roll for 60M is a much better deal.  I should have got in on your deal.  If theres extra rolls I will buy one behl.
Brad Spaugh

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »
Just a quick question as to the buddy tape versus any old grafting tape or film you can buy on say eBay for a few dollars a roll. Is this buddy tape really super superior to this other easily available commercial tapes? If so in what regards? As a guy wanting to get into grafting seriously in the near future I'd like the low down! $30 bucks a roll is awfully pricey but if it's that great I'm OK with paying for quality.

Thanks!
Trying to grow it all!

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2020, 08:45:30 AM »
Just a quick question as to the buddy tape versus any old grafting tape or film you can buy on say eBay for a few dollars a roll. Is this buddy tape really super superior to this other easily available commercial tapes? If so in what regards? As a guy wanting to get into grafting seriously in the near future I'd like the low down! $30 bucks a roll is awfully pricey but if it's that great I'm OK with paying for quality.

Thanks!

A little lurking and you'd have your answers.  I use both for different times and grafts.  Buddy tape is the best.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2020, 08:47:39 PM »

Thanks!
Without a doubt, a much better easier to use product.  Now the cheap stuff works too.  Many people around the world cut up nylon bags and get grafts to take.  Some sell partial rolls and a few people have been known to give an enthusiast partial roll.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2020, 02:10:29 AM »
2 inch wide parafilm is wider and has been easier for me to wrap scion and work with as well as remove after the graft has pushed. It’s a quality product as well.
I don’t know of any advantages to buddy tape, perhaps it stretches more, I am buying some to try and find out. I have just used it with friends from their rolls before.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2020, 08:25:58 AM »
Thanks for the info!
Trying to grow it all!

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
I've got a cheaper tape from Amazon that works well for me, but I've seen videos of guys using buddy tape on YouTube and it is far more flexible. Check out Pete kanaris on YouTube, he just did a few grafting videos with Adam and you'll see what I mean
-Kris

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
-Kris

Mikey

• San Diego, ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2020, 02:53:19 PM »
I would like to order one

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2020, 05:27:03 PM »
2 inch wide parafilm is wider and has been easier for me to wrap scion and work with as well as remove after the graft has pushed. It’s a quality product as well.
I don’t know of any advantages to buddy tape, perhaps it stretches more, I am buying some to try and find out. I have just used it with friends from their rolls before.

The main advantage is it doesnt dry and crack.  Ive had good grafts fail because the parafilm cracked before the union fully fused together.  This doesnt happen with buddy tape.  But really you should tie the union with a stronger tape over your grafting tape or use clips anyways.  So if you are doing that, theres little advantage.  The buddy tape is easier to stretch and wrap the scion with without accidentally snapping too.  But that is not much of an issue if you are careful with parafil and dont overstretch it. Bottom line, its a better product but you pay for that. 

Brad Spaugh

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2020, 08:41:40 PM »
I wrap it with paradigm.  I clip it with cloths pin.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »
I have watched the Pete Kanaris videos! Very cool seeing how grafting is done. I've tried like 4-5 times without success. In theory I understand how but just didn't work out due to probably a few factors.
Trying to grow it all!

j1mw3b

• Boynton Beach, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »
If you (Behl?) have any buddy tape rolls unclaimed, pls let me know.  Missed it I guess; been using some the Japanese writing  on box 30m stuff.  Love to try the real thing.  Getting about 1 out of 4 or 5 to take.  No luck on my big Wally tree yet.

Thanks,

Gonzo65

• Hollywood, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »
Too late to order a roll? Thanks

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2020, 10:56:12 PM »
If you (Behl?) have any buddy tape rolls unclaimed, pls let me know.  Missed it I guess; been using some the Japanese writing  on box 30m stuff.  Love to try the real thing.  Getting about 1 out of 4 or 5 to take.  No luck on my big Wally tree yet.

Thanks,

Its the same stuff
Brad Spaugh

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2020, 08:00:40 PM »
Apologies if folks thought I disappeared. had break in at my warehouse and they took my computer and hacked my gmail, took a while to recover my emails.

anyhow, tapes arrived at the Post Office today, will be shipping all tape orders on Monday/Tuesday.

anyone wondering if I have available, yes, I have plenty due to overwhelming response. Dont wait to order. anyone who pays no later than Saturday night will get orders shipped by Monday/Tuesday.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2020, 08:19:44 PM »
Everyone who ordered and paid, I sent confirming email. If you didnt get email, then I didnt see anything in Paypal for you. Please contact me if you paid and did not get email. Check spam as well. I sent email as BCC so your email does not get exposed.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »
All orders have been shipped, you must have gotten email confirmation from Paypal on email you provided within Paypal.

M3loe1

• Central Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2020, 10:29:14 AM »
I know im late but by chance you have any buddy tapes left? Thanks

vincenton

• US, West Covina CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2020, 01:30:22 PM »
Behl,

Thank you, received my buddy tape

Vincent.

All orders have been shipped, you must have gotten email confirmation from Paypal on email you provided within Paypal.

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2020, 01:55:04 PM »
Hi Behl,

Received my buddy tape on Wednesday didn't open it until today. 

Thank you very much,
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk