Author Topic: confirming issues on citrus  (Read 867 times)

strom

• so cal, 10a
    • View Profile
confirming issues on citrus
« on: September 05, 2020, 12:58:36 PM »
Hi there:

It appears I have leaf miner, grasshoppers, and slugs?  I have four small citrus: 2 that I cut down and am letting rootstock grow for grafting next spring, these are in pots, and two dwarf in the ground.  The leafminer and grasshopper bites seem worst on the potted one, while the in-ground ones doesn't seem so bad, but they are covered in some sort of strange residue.. slugs?  Uh boy, I'm confused.  One of the plants also has a lot of ants but I don't see aphids, they are just crawling up and down the branches.

Thank you for reading :)

GregW

• United States, Alabama, Birmingham
    • View Profile
Re: confirming issues on citrus
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »
I don't know what exactly what is wrong, but this will most likely cure it:
BAYER ADVANCED Fruit, Citrus and Vegetable 32-fl oz Concentrate Garden Insect Killer

https://www.lowes.com/pd/BAYER-ADVANCED-Fruit-Citrus-and-Vegetable-32-fl-oz-Concentrate-Garden-Insect-Killer/3170999

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 04:41:16 PM »
It is easy to see that the tree has leaf miners.  The slime and holes in the leave's center area are from slugs.  Every now and then I go out with a pail and a flash light around 9 or 10 pm  an pick off slugs directly from the tree, plus lay down some slug bait around the tree's base.

strom

• so cal, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »
Thank you for the help!

I had been spraying BT and neem oil in June and July, but got lazy in the second half of August and woke up to this one morning.  Drat.  I do wish the BT and Neem Oil would no "go bad" quickly once mixed up, it's tricky mixing up a small batch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk