Author Topic: mass spectrum botanicals???  (Read 19334 times)

drummer

• moreno valley,california
    • View Profile
mass spectrum botanicals???
« on: February 05, 2015, 11:16:51 PM »
So anyone know anything about mass spectrum botanicals because I had order some plants from them about 1 month ago and they haven't come in .I've also tried contacting them but they don't answer.So I was wondering if anyone had any information on them or if you're close you could just stop by and tell them to check their emails because I really don't know what to do...thanks for your help
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:59:55 PM by drummer »
Nelson

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
Re: mass spectrum botanicals???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:07 PM »
Matt is a member here. I'm sure you can PM him.  That said, I ordered something from him a year or so back and he was slow to respond to emails. I can't complain though because I can be even slower at times😳

Richard

drummer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 11:56:41 PM »
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it
Nelson

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:06:45 AM »
Pm him on the forums here, he told me his email is overloaded with customers and spam atm. He does send the stuff out, though he may take time. Sorry to hear you having a bad experience. His name is MassSpectrum.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:14:42 AM »
Mass spectrum will make it right

He's a good guy!  a one man show like me!

I bet he's had some tough luck, or he's overwhelmed right now!

Don't worry!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

drummer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 12:19:54 AM »
Thanks to those of you who responded you've been a big help I just sent him a pm hopefully he responds
Nelson

Rannman

• Dragonfruit collector
    • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 02:44:24 AM »
I ordered dragon fruit cuttings from Dann at mass spectrum about 2 years ago and I am quite disappointed with the results. After a lot of  back and forth for quite a while my cuttings arrived in poor condition. Nursed them back to health and 2 years later I picked a huge Natural Mystic fruit. With pure WHITE flesh. 2 years down the drain. Not happy.

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
I ordered some DF cuttings last year and didn't receive them or a response to emails for quite a while. I followed someone's suggestion and sent a PM. Matt did respond with an apology and stated that he would ship my order soon and make it "right". He
did follow through and sent me a couple of extra cuttings.

Michael
Michael

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 12:10:57 PM »
Not related to MassSpectrum, but I ordered dragonfruit cuttings from an ebay seller in FL many years ago and most of them turned out to be something else. Purple Haze is white, yellow has red flesh. I stopped giving out cutting of those plants. Again, not related to MassSpectrum but mislabeling can happen.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 04:04:08 AM »
With me he definitely took long to send or reply to any emails when asking, at one point I was quite angry! But at the end of the day it's a hard job for one person(he told me he actually injured his back working hence the delay so I felt pretty bad) and all my stuff came through perfect(even with some freebies for apologies)
He genuinely seems like a good guy and I would and will buy from him again. Just need to remember that these kind of places arnt megastores with many employees we need to be somewhat understanding and not scare valuable suppliers out of the game(there's too few already) so next time I won't be so quickly angered and uptight he he

Btw his site is quite awesome! And probably the best easy to use rooting and growth hormone usage guides on the net
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 04:45:21 AM »
With me he definitely took long to send or reply to any emails when asking, at one point I was quite angry! But at the end of the day it's a hard job for one person(he told me he actually injured his back working hence the delay so I felt pretty bad) and all my stuff came through perfect(even with some freebies for apologies)
He genuinely seems like a good guy and I would and will buy from him again. Just need to remember that these kind of places arnt megastores with many employees we need to be somewhat understanding and not scare valuable suppliers out of the game(there's too few already) so next time I won't be so quickly angered and uptight he he

Btw his site is quite awesome! And probably the best easy to use rooting and growth hormone usage guides on the net
Good point. In internet age many people think all their purchases are going to be handled as if they had ordered it from Amazon. They expect instant verification, precise date of delivery, instant mailing of goods, and some would even like free shipping, like they get from Amazon Prime. Reality is that a company that employs many thousands is not going to operate in same way as a one person business. Also it's good to remember that availability and shipping of a very rare and perishable item is very different than shipping a book or a pair of shoes.
Oscar

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »

i have been watching this thread since i just ordered a bunch of stuff from there.

i ordered from him around the 24 or 25th
i got am email with my order a few days later
and a stamps.com email stating the package was en-route.

"This message was sent to you at the request of Dann Jarvis, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below."

i just checked the stamps.com link that says...

"PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS"

im not sure if that means it was even shipped ?

not complaining yet
i just dont know what the deal is.
its been well over a week, if it was really shipped then ?
not a big rush, its just very unclear as to how long it may take.
and i did order some live plants

drummer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 11:09:53 AM »

Good point. In internet age many people think all their purchases are going to be handled as if they had ordered it from Amazon. They expect instant verification, precise date of delivery, instant mailing of goods, and some would even like free shipping, like they get from Amazon Prime. Reality is that a company that employs many thousands is not going to operate in same way as a one person business. Also it's good to remember that availability and shipping of a very rare and perishable item is very different than shipping a book or a pair of shoes.

Ya I was just getting a little worried that I payed money for nothing.because he wouldn't respond but now that I know that he does this by himself I understand now
Nelson

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
Taking more than a week to reply sometimes is understandable. Taking more than a week to reply every time is kind of a deal killer. Scale back and refocus if you can't manage it.
MassSpectrum is a PM receiving trading forum member who can answer for himself.
This is day 3 of this thread so we shall see.
There are a number of one man show plant/seed/scion sellers who reply promptly and do not leave you wondering about your order.

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 03:26:58 PM »
I never ordered from massspectrum, but we did agree to trade. Then when I sent my mailing address requesting his, I never heard back, pm and email later, I gave up. That was last year.

drummer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:29 PM »

i have been watching this thread since i just ordered a bunch of stuff from there.

i ordered from him around the 24 or 25th
i got am email with my order a few days later
and a stamps.com email stating the package was en-route.

"This message was sent to you at the request of Dann Jarvis, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below."

i just checked the stamps.com link that says...

"PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS"

im not sure if that means it was even shipped ?

not complaining yet
i just dont know what the deal is.
its been well over a week, if it was really shipped then ?
not a big rush, its just very unclear as to how long it may take.
and i did order some live plants
Have you gotten your order yet because I haven't heard anything from him yet
Nelson

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
no, i just sent him an email

i am wondering if i just dont know how to read the stamps.com link ?
maybe thats my fault for not understanding it.

the email says...

But, the link just says PRE-shipment info sent to USPS

its very unclear to me as to if this has been shipped or not.

the email says its shipped
the link just says pre-shipment info.

Did you get the same email Drummer?
does this mean its shipped ?... anyone ??

drummer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »
I never got that all I got was an email of the order confirmation
Nelson

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
no, i just sent him an email

i am wondering if i just dont know how to read the stamps.com link ?
maybe thats my fault for not understanding it.

the email says...

But, the link just says PRE-shipment info sent to USPS

its very unclear to me as to if this has been shipped or not.

the email says its shipped
the link just says pre-shipment info.

Did you get the same email Drummer?
does this mean its shipped ?... anyone ??

Whenever I get those notices, it means that a shipping label with confirmation # has been created and USPS is awaiting the package. As I posted earlier, I only live 25 - 30 miles away from MS and the delivery took about 2 months. He did apologize for the delay and included 3 extra clippings with my order. I have no doubt that he will follow through, but you might find that the shipping status remains at label created for a while.
Michael

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »
I sent a PM to massspectrum showing him this post. I saw that he read the PM but he did not respond, nor did he reply to this post.

If I do not see a response soon, I may have to take further action.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »
He probably is able to read this but can't muster the mental effort to write a thoughtful response to everything that's been said here. I don't know him to well but just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As his business ramps up he should really develop some kind of invoicing, inventory, tracking system to take that stuff off his mind. Maybe he already has, I don't know. Just put a hold on new orders until that's set up so he doesn't have to play catch up all the time.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 04:38:02 PM »
I actually stopped by and met up with Dann in Tampa to check it out and pick some stuff up for the FL place. He is an honest person from my experiences dealing with him. I think this is an issue of backlog orders leading to an overwhelming situation.

I think the website should be updated to state this to customers and reflect actual delivery times. I know other smaller online nurseries like Accents for Home and Garden, always have a disclaimer stating that actual shipping times may be delayed 2-3 weeks.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

MassSpectrum

• Tampa, FL, USA Zone 9B/10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 01:25:14 AM »
I'm just sitting down to work at the PC for the day. Been marching hard today. I was in full shipping swing earlier when got a couple heads up about this. With the west coast live plant shipping cut off clock winding down, getting all mixed up about what was to be found here and then wanting to respond to it wasn't going to help any one. Especially since I'm a complexly detailed person with a complex operation with all sorts of potential, and ongoing complications being endured... I have a hard time helping not going into full detail(s) which can run-on in many cases, especially since I'm driven by this intense truth monger methodology in basically all things. In this case I'm bent on not tossing around pacifist excuses and instead actual reasons, I must admit its not always the best for customer service communications. As when things get rough it really compels me to try and work harder to just get orders out instead, as the only way out is forward in any event. Sometimes that plays well, other times not. There's no shortage of mental or physical energy here. Most people have hardly ever met a work horse quite like me. But time (always) and too often money are in too short of supply which hexes so many other things. 

For the current situation I think might actually be able give a clean situational report summarization (for the season that is).
The current over-arching challenges all this jumble of: Trying to fix/catch up on all  things busted from 2013-2014 (which involves a lot more than just orders) [major priority], ongoing winterization ordeals of varying complexities (and dealing with the pains its causing certain plants regardless of efforts), ongoing propagation efforts, preparing for the new 'long plant season' '15 (the planning mental sub-routine starts in about a year in advance), rebooting the entire seed inventory system (this this grew ghoulish as the year wound down), oh website work would be nice (I have endless lists of details waiting to fire off in there)... I could go on. But already we're at where 80-100 hours per week (for over 2 years now) with usually 2-3 week gaps between days off, and already no room for anything but all of this.

I'm not actually complaining about the workload, the immersion, I'm built for all of this... but the setbacks, I loathe them and I like to think I fight them as much as anyone ever could. I'm an intense perfectionist, so half ass on my hands just doesn't sit well with me (sometimes can be the problem itself in regards to certain orders).

I'd actually love to lay out the full chronology getting to here, but that would take time. But what really matters is this: Soon the cyclical ordeal set in motion just before I even made the site will be ended. Very close now. Am almost over the hump of not just needed help but actually being able to pay help so it isnt just me doing about 98% of every single detail related to this effort [thus far]. Soon when majority of the ordears come in they'll be delt with right then. I work all hours so its really all the same to me. Most importantly, all dues owed will be paid, and in regards to orders nobody I've seen gives out as much extra stuff as I do (too often 'owed' in my mind, but I doubt this will change I'm so used to it). From everything it took, endured, to hold this thing together this far, to being steady on track to overcome these (and most other related hurdles) has been hard fought for; where failure or defeat is unacceptable let alone optional.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:21:02 AM by MassSpectrum »

MassSpectrum

• Tampa, FL, USA Zone 9B/10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 02:15:48 AM »
I'm betting my forums activity history might clearly reflect the chronology I'm about to lay out. I mainly came on here to do trades [pretty sure I've yet to even run a sales "ad" thread]. That should have been around the end of spring. That was right around when I had finally repaired my liittle live plant 'tray' inventory system (which itself is the perfect design). But 2013 was so brutally hardshipful (fresh new site, had never done any SEO work before) that it left winter even harder of course. Couldn't afford the amounts of plastic sheeting needed to protect everything, but we did run frost-less so hoped it things would work out. Well lots and lots of ugly things, more importantly dead spots all throughout that effectively required a 'tray' by tray reboot plus expected new plantings (about 200 species/types). Well damnit if that didn't tale all spring lol. Finally got it going so could breath in a little bit of trading hopefully make up for not being able to invest in much of anything as usual (I mean even by prior hobby standards) in 2013... so did a bit of that I doubt anyone would say much negative about that period....

THEN the summer scorcher happened. I'm not talking about its was just hot (expected) but the freak ordeal was it rained ONLY about 1-2" maybe (in my yard anyways) between July-August. I'd never seen anything like it. It wasn't state wide either (insult to injury)! So by the end of August, when running outdoor work begins approaching bearable again, the situation was far more grim than caused by winter. It was as if half the plants had far outgrown the expected ideal sizes for shipping, which is crucial to the plant pricing (that the unlimited combined shipping for only $6 system is built for).... Then it was as if majority the other half were DEAD. So began the most intense work drive period to date, which as finally 'perfect'...

While I'd done years of year 'round growing here, in 'trays' full sun year 'round was new. It was rather expected, winter greenhousing would surely be ideal. What wasn't realized was the more important faculty would prove to be SHADE housing. 

Around mid October this was. Finally got on here had some "personal time" to hopefully set up a few nice little trades (mentioned above)... and then all the sudden it dipped down below 40F (36F the one night) like multiple times and required response + panic went into effect. Wasnt planning on this sort of cold for a couple months. That's freak weather for here! NO WAY was another reboot in order! I mean not this winter even. So there's been a lot of time+resources put to these ends including transforming my entire 'living room' into my "room of living" as I like to call it. And tonight right before I sat down a friend helped slap together finally a nice makeshift greenhouse over the majority of my little plant system. Most of the stuff (left out there no room left indoors) out there was holding up pretty well with the occasional sheeting work, but some species are really starting to fold.

So, somewhere in there belongs how the budget started into heavy nose-dive between Xgiving-Xmas. I could see the projection and and knew the site wasn't going to pay the rent come the 15th, at least 10 days in advance, while my objective of fixing everything broken this winter dominated all thought processes, so I HAD TO go full bore rebooting my expired / all year outdated craigslist pages (not limited to plants), and fire up into ebay (which I loathe from being undeservedly burned so bad by them in 2012). Both of which required total dismantling of the garage cluster-F. Both of which quite and even far into being rusty with. Therefore at my usual power-pace now was into my most cognitively intense work period for the year. No pain no gain!

But all is well on that front now. May it stay that way, all will work. I cant turn off new orders, or it all breaks. Just like when money stops, labels simply cant flow out the printer. Dont pay rent, evicted. Dont pay electric, no computer. Dont pay Internet, no inter-webs. I didn't start this thing with $100k in the bank, but thats surely what its 'cost' (er whats 'gone into it') for me (to not even have a bank account)! LOL

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:42:51 AM by MassSpectrum »

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »
Sounds like a major operation.  Commitments are important, especially in such a small community as the tropical fruit world. Do you plan on addressing the members issues?