Author Topic: Farmers Market in Funchal (Mercado dos lavradores)  (Read 10762 times)

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Re: Farmers Market in Funchal (Mercado dos lavradores)
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
Hi  :),

@Mike- That's truly amazing to hear about your friend growing Durian, Mangosteen,Rambutan and longkong among subs and temps... 8)
            I think every one must do some trials and see what will adapt to their unique situation...I like to grow extra plants and let them out  in winter to see if they will survive...of course I will only do this with subs...truly tropical plant's will get really harmed.

@Oscar-I agree with you...Adaptability of plants is crucial for there survival...The list of species that will adapt to these situations is endless...Suris, longan and rio's will adapt very well.

I think that the climate can also be influenced by the sea?...Like Canary Is. and Madeira Is. is surounded by sea and it's seasonal currents. and of course the hot prevailing winds from Africa that we occassionally get.
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 01:27:44 PM »

@Mike- That's truly amazing to hear about your friend growing Durian, Mangosteen,Rambutan and longkong among subs and temps... 8)
            I think every one must do some trials and see what will adapt to their unique situation...I like to grow extra plants and let them out  in winter to see if they will survive...of course I will only do this with subs...truly tropical plant's will get really harmed.

@Oscar-I agree with you...Adaptability of plants is crucial for there survival...The list of species that will adapt to these situations is endless...Suris, longan and rio's will adapt very well.

I think that the climate can also be influenced by the sea?...Like Canary Is. and Madeira Is. is surounded by sea and it's seasonal currents. and of course the hot prevailing winds from Africa that we occassionally get.

Climate on land is very much influenced by large water bodies. Around lake Victoria there is a higher rainfall than otherwise observed few kilometers away.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:42:24 PM by Soren »
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »

Climate is very much influenced by large water bodies. Around lake Victoria there is a higher rainfall than otherwise observed few kilometers away.

Hi Soren,
Thanks for your input on this matter...I always like to learn more about the climate...In no time I will be an expert on this matter. ;D
Lake Victoria is a beauty :) Hope to visit that place some day.
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk