Author Topic: Bud Grafting B flower type avocadoes to A flower type avocadoes for more fruits.  (Read 958 times)

igrowmangos

• USA, East Central Florida, Plant Zone 9B
    • View Profile
    • Mango Tree Growers Of America (Facebook Page Admin)
I did a quick search on this topic and may be I used the wrong key words to search it here but I was wondering if any of you had done bud grafting two different flower type avocado trees to promote fruit production. I have Lula and Brodgon  avocado trees and my Lula has some nice swelling buds that I would like to graft to the Brodgon. Has anyone seen a positive result for this? What are the negatives? It is recommended to plant different flower type avocados to encourage pollination of the fruits. Thanks!
“When life gives you lemons, throw it back & say, “I said I wanted a MANGO!”

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
If you already have the 2 trees near ech other theres not much point.  If they are blooming at the same time, the bees will take of things.
Brad Spaugh

Cythompson159@yahoo.com

• JoJo Mammey
    • East central Florida
    • View Profile
I appreciate the comment “if” they bloom at the same time. So many people say if u have an a and a b then it will be better but have a Mexican, Guatemala, and or West Indies type the bloom at different times. I have a large nursery by me with a good variety but you can’t match up 2breeds (A and B) that are “ supposed” to flower within a month of 1 another