Author Topic: My new trees!!!  (Read 11523 times)

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
Re: My new trees!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »
Nice plants!  :o  I wish you good luck   ;)

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
Thank you sooo much Miguel, i just correct the names and they are already protected!  ;D

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 08:37:16 AM »
Miguel is really Santa Claus? You must have been a good boy!  ;)
Yes Miguel is awsome! And i think i'm a good boy...  ;D

Hi Luis, congrats! I was wondering why did you added sete capotes... mine it seems to be bearing the first fruit and I am wondering if it would be nice or not. If Miguel gave this to you, maybe it's a nice fruit ;)
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
Miguel is really Santa Claus? You must have been a good boy!  ;)
Yes Miguel is awsome! And i think i'm a good boy...  ;D

Hi Luis, congrats! I was wondering why did you added sete capotes... mine it seems to be bearing the first fruit and I am wondering if it would be nice or not. If Miguel gave this to you, maybe it's a nice fruit ;)
Hi my friend, Happy New Year! Yes, Miguel advise me this is a great fruit! :P By the way, the guabiju is good?

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:24 PM »
I hope Miguel is right: the tree is so pretty and the perfume of the flowers is excelent, but it's better if it brings good tasting fruits.

Guabiju is very variable, for now I tried only some fruits the last year from a tree at Buenos Aires and I liked it a lot, the skin was sour and the pulp very sweet (not as sweet as the black surinam cherry), so it's better to eat only the pulp; the seed maybe it's too big for this little fruit. The flavour was not comparable to anything I know. I want to do some jellies based on it, they say it's great.

My fruits are about to be ready now, see:

I almost cant resist the temptation, but will have to wait 1 week or so...

Happy new year!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:18:45 PM by huertasurbanas »
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

nch

• SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »
Congrats, Luis. That's a big collection of rare fruit trees, most of them I don't know at all.

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 03:24:55 AM »
Congrats, Luis. That's a big collection of rare fruit trees, most of them I don't know at all.
Thank's a lot for the support! Lets see how they will be in the end of winter, but untill now most of them are fine!  ;D

kimi

• Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:03 AM »
very nice collection Luis!! everything looks so healthy - you've every right to be so proud

Miguel - when can you come to my place?  ;D
kimi

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »
very nice collection Luis!! everything looks so healthy - you've every right to be so proud

Miguel - when can you come to my place?  ;D
Thank's! I'm not proud yet... lets see how they will be in the end of winter.  ;) Well Miguel travels a lot so, maby it's possible!  ;D

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
Nice photos Luis, I hope that they all make it OK to adulthood and give you lots of fruit.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Infortunately i lost 3 plants with this winter gondo, pitomba and Eugenia florida... and the lost the two lychees, two cherimoya trees and the two mango trees! All of them covered and not so cold temp! -1C was the minimum i get, but a lot of rain and strong winds many days! I think i have to choose better not so windy spots. I think i will give up to have lychees and mangos. My 3 avocado trees are great and macadâmia too. I'm very sad with all this dead trees...  :'( :'( :'(

val

• central florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Infortunately i lost 3 plants with this winter gondo, pitomba and Eugenia florida... and the lost the two lychees, two cherimoya trees and the two mango trees! All of them covered and not so cold temp! -1C was the minimum i get, but a lot of rain and strong winds many days! I think i have to choose better not so windy spots. I think i will give up to have lychees and mangos. My 3 avocado trees are great and macadâmia too. I'm very sad with all this dead trees...  :'( :'( :'(

Oh luis! I'm so sorry.  Don't give up.  Try Adam's recommendations for cold weather. I got about as cold as you but not as windy I think.  It worked for me. I fenced around the trunk and filed it with leaves and grass clippings. Then when bad weather was expected, Icovered the tops.We did 8 trees like that and it was not hard to do. I left the tree trunks like that all winter and after the cold weather, I pulled the fence off and the leaves became mulch.

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »

Oh luis! I'm so sorry.  Don't give up.  Try Adam's recommendations for cold weather. I got about as cold as you but not as windy I think.  It worked for me. I fenced around the trunk and filed it with leaves and grass clippings. Then when bad weather was expected, Icovered the tops.We did 8 trees like that and it was not hard to do. I left the tree trunks like that all winter and after the cold weather, I pulled the fence off and the leaves became mulch.
Oh Val, you know how i'm fealing... but that's a good thing to do!  :-[

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »
Que maravilha, Luis...all them trees look very healthy!  8) Spring is on the way... ;)
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »
Que maravilha, Luis...all them trees look very healthy!  8) Spring is on the way... ;)
Mesmo assim foi uma grande perda! Estou ansioso pela primavera!  ;D Já agora quando puderes ve se o horto tem alguma coisa interessante. Muito obrigado! ;D

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »
Mesmo assim foi uma grande perda! Estou ansioso pela primavera!  ;D Já agora quando puderes ve se o horto tem alguma coisa interessante. Muito obrigado! ;D

Perda, amigo...como assim?

Na boa, faço isso!  ;) A última vez, que eu fui lá...eles tinha noni...não sei, agora.  :-\
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:14 PM »
Já li os comentários...eu vou ver se tenho um fino de jete, extra p'ra ti!  ;)
Time is like a river.

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2014, 03:25:48 AM »
Já li os comentários...eu vou ver se tenho um fino de jete, extra p'ra ti!  ;)
Tu és fantástico, Muito obrigado!  ;D

cgps

• general fruticulture
  • really, i am new always
    • san jose of cúcuta, north of santander, Colombia,tropical dry weather,max 38min18, 40%RH
    • View Profile
    • agroengineer in progress
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 08:44:39 AM »
Viewing the collection say it I,is excellent!!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
Temperature might have been -1, but when you factor in wind chill factor it probably was a lot lower temperature. Even here in tropics i have to protect plants from the wind, as they can dry up too fast and also get badly beat up.
Oscar

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »
Temperature might have been -1, but when you factor in wind chill factor it probably was a lot lower temperature. Even here in tropics i have to protect plants from the wind, as they can dry up too fast and also get badly beat up.
Yes it's true. I didn't count with this wind factor because this year was very very windy... not normal here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk