Author Topic: IDIOT MANGO THIEVES - SOLUTIONS WANTED  (Read 5872 times)

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Re: IDIOT MANGO THIEVES - SOLUTIONS WANTED
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 11:16:37 PM »
I can understand why there aren't any "U-Pick" mango or avocado operations.  Too many idiots.

Yup.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 12:26:35 AM »
I second what Fiddler says. If you know who's doing it, you''re much more likely to be able to do something about it. Trail cameras cost about $80 and work very well.
If it makes you feel better....i heard misery loves company....i had a thief takes bout 200 pounds of durians when they were still green. Could have sold them for $5 a pound. So about $1000 wasted.  :'(  Got photos, driver's license, even the name of the guy and the police is "still working on it" after several months. So don't expect police to do much about it. At least they don't care much about ag theft here.

https://me.me/i/r-luwuragong-such-nonsense-keith-budden-rayleigh-esser-round-like-3000451

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »
I second what Fiddler says. If you know who's doing it, you''re much more likely to be able to do something about it. Trail cameras cost about $80 and work very well.
If it makes you feel better....i heard misery loves company....i had a thief takes bout 200 pounds of durians when they were still green. Could have sold them for $5 a pound. So about $1000 wasted.  :'(  Got photos, driver's license, even the name of the guy and the police is "still working on it" after several months. So don't expect police to do much about it. At least they don't care much about ag theft here.

https://me.me/i/r-luwuragong-such-nonsense-keith-budden-rayleigh-esser-round-like-3000451
Yeah, it's kinda like that here too. The prosecutor's office admitted to me that the thief was not being questioned in my case because all officers were busy with a case of a police officer being shot at. Maybe they will get to my case in about 2 years!  :o
Oscar

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 09:32:03 AM »
Going to buy a few of these aluminum signs today. Found at Home Depot.
I bought plastic signs a few years ago and the sun made them brittle

The Hillman Group
10 in. x 14 in. Aluminum --- Private Property Sign
$1.98 /each
Overview
The 10 in. x 14 in. Aluminum Private Property Sign from The Hillman Group displays its highly visible message with bold, red lettering against a black background. This sign has a space to accommodate customization and has pre-drilled holes for easy attachment.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »
...and then they snatch your pretty metal signs too! Make sure to hide those trail cams well.