Author Topic: good idea for new sticky post ( i think)  (Read 3737 times)

lycheeluva

• Brooklyn, NY
  • obsessed with fruit growing, especially lychees
    • View Profile
good idea for new sticky post ( i think)
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:31 PM »
is there a way to have a document or post that everyone could edit, where people could list the fruits (and by fruit i mean fruit berries (we can include avacadoes) etc- so we would list fruit type, variety, whether it had fruited yet, location of the tree, the name of the person who has it, and if it is somewhat rare, the source of the plant- so a line in the post would look something like this. If a fruit is less common and only 3-4 people have it, we could have repeat entries. if more than a few of us have it,  than once it has been listed once,  no need to repeat.
the idea being that people could see in a single place everything that is being grown by peopl on this forum

Lychee (Mauritius)- New York - Fruited- Lycheeluva

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: good idea for new sticky post ( i think)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:52 AM »
is there a way to have a document or post that everyone could edit, where people could list the fruits (and by fruit i mean fruit berries (we can include avacadoes) etc- so we would list fruit type, variety, whether it had fruited yet, location of the tree, the name of the person who has it, and if it is somewhat rare, the source of the plant- so a line in the post would look something like this. If a fruit is less common and only 3-4 people have it, we could have repeat entries. if more than a few of us have it,  than once it has been listed once,  no need to repeat.
the idea being that people could see in a single place everything that is being grown by peopl on this forum

I think that is an excellent idea as it would provide an inventory of what everyone in the group has, so anyone looking  for a certain plant, species, or cultivar, could easily find out all the members who had it. Only problem i think is that it would not be so easy to set up. Someone would have to come up with a list of all the possible plant choices for members to edit and add onto their names and locations.
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:23:17 AM »
Great idea Gerry, but Oscar is right. It won't be easy to setup. Patrick and I are going to think of ways to get it to work.

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:39:48 PM »
I like the idea.

Using Google doc will make this possible though everyone is required to have an Account. 
As for entries, here's an example:

Tim

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
Yeah Google Docs is the way to go with sharing an excel sheet. The admins could perhaps setup a tropicalfruitforum google doc account. Then everyone on the forum could have shared access with a google doc account. I think a large amount of people already have gmail accounts.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:23 PM »

Berries only?

No cacao, or sterculia relatives? No pineapple or annona fruits?

You won't get all the plants I'm growing on your list if it's so limited. 

Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Fruitguy

• Zone 10b - Miami, FL
    • United States, Miami,Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Great idea!  The Rare Fruit Council International used to have an issue of their magazine (maybe it was more of a booklet back in the day) that would list what each member had available.  This was neat because then members could trade among themselves (unfortunately before my time).  Im sure murahilin and PJ can figure it out.  :) :) :) 

lycheeluva

• Brooklyn, NY
  • obsessed with fruit growing, especially lychees
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »
adam, sorry havent been able to type properly for last week due to thumb injury- i meant to write all types of fruit- of course pineapples annona and everything else would be included

i meant to exclude things that may technically be fruit but everyone thinks of as veggies. think tomatoes may be such an example

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
adam, sorry havent been able to type properly for last week due to thumb injury- i meant to write all types of fruit- of course pineapples annona and everything else would be included

i meant to exclude things that may technically be fruit but everyone thinks of as veggies. think tomatoes may be such an example

Ouch! :o

Sorry to hear!

hope you heal soon! :)

Thanks for clarifying
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk