Author Topic: Vegetative growth/ mixed bloom?  (Read 684 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Vegetative growth/ mixed bloom?
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:37:55 AM »
If it appears to be 98% vegetative growth and 2% bloom. Will it end up drying up and falling off? Like a normal mango panicle

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:02:48 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Vegetative growth/ mixed bloom?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 06:24:19 AM »
Wow I can't believe no one will answer this simplistic Elementary question. Because I do not know. If it is 80% growth 20% bloom is it still  a panicle and will eventually die and dry up and fall off.Or is it  new growth.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:32:57 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 07:33:02 AM »
Wow I can't believe no one will answer this simplistic Elementary question. Because I do not know. If it is 80% growth 20% bloom is it still  a panicle and will eventually die and dry up and fall off.Or is it  new growth.

Hard to say 100% from this picture but this looks like a growth flush.
- Rob

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 07:52:31 AM »

Hard to say 100% from this picture but this looks like a growth flush.

What about this photo? Is this flush growth that can be kept or because it has one little Bloom on it will it dry up and fall off like a normal panicle

mbmango

• LAX, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 11:24:52 AM »
I'd expect just the little pannicle at the bottom to dry up and not the whole flush, if that's what you're asking?

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 12:39:51 PM »
I'd expect just the little pannicle at the bottom to dry up and not the whole flush, if that's what you're asking?
At what percentage does it stop being a  panicle and becomes a flush growth? 60/40  70/30 80/20
The only reason I am curious because on some of my smaller trees that I  will not let carry fruit. I'm hoping and rooting for flush growth. I'm about to give them some liquid Go-Go juice. I'm  betting on that the last Frost has come and gone. I was hoping that BS bully would have answered so I could of asked if I should apply more copper :)

Oncorhynchus

• SW Florida, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 08:52:03 PM »
In my very limited experience, weird growth that is like mixed bloom without the bloom doesn’t die and fall off like a panicle and never becomes normal growth that supports other branches. After watching it do nothing for a long time, I eventually cut it off because it seemed like it was inhibiting normal growth.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 09:05:52 PM »
In my very limited experience, weird growth that is like mixed bloom without the bloom doesn’t die and fall off like a panicle and never becomes normal growth that supports other branches. After watching it do nothing for a long time, I eventually cut it off because it seemed like it was inhibiting normal growth.
Thank you very much for that information. Someone else had told me something somewhat similar to that and I just needed  confirmation. Once again thank you.
When in doubt bring the pruners out :)