Author Topic: How to treat my sick Anon trees?  (Read 1091 times)

SoFloGringo

• Miami
    • View Profile
How to treat my sick Anon trees?
« on: September 14, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »
Today is Sept 14th and my Anon trees should be health with harvest ready fruit on them. My trees are located in Miami. Please take a look at the attached pictures. One of the trees has no leaves and the other has sick looking leaves. Should I be spraying neem oil weekly with more frequent fertilization? Does anyone have this problem with there Anon trees? These trees were both healthy last season with fruit.

FMfruitforest

• Tropical Fruit
    • USA, FL,zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: How to treat my sick Anon trees?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:33:22 PM »
Yes I have this proboem with the first Rollinia I planted. The issue for my tree is the heavy soil and also tree was planted too low. Everytime it rain dirt would wash down into the hole further burying the roots that were already in heavy soil with compost that had not properly been mixed with native sand/soils. The tree has become very chlorotic with yellow frail leaves.
Not sure how your tree was planted but maybe the roots are unhappy. How thick is mulching?

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 09:00:13 PM »
You might want to look into the common deficiencies in Miami soils. The problem probably lies below.

Calcareous Soils In Miami-Dade County
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/tr004

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:03:32 AM »
If you're using city water, that could be a problem.  They seem to to very sensitive to chlorine in water.
John

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 12:20:55 PM »
Hey

I can’t see any close up of the leaves, take a look at this resource and then another look at your leaves to see if you can diagnose the problem, it may be just needing a mineral supplement to rebalance despite inherent soil condition http://era.daf.qld.gov.au/id/eprint/1653/6/5probcus.pdf

I found this resource a while back on this forum and saved it, think it’s something every Annona grower should keep in their personal library.

-joep450

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 12:54:57 PM »
It looks like piercing or sucking insects to me. Look close at the underside of the leaves.
-Josh