Author Topic: Identifying Deficiency by Leaf Striation and Color  (Read 1208 times)

Bartacomus

• SE Texas, zone 9a, close to the coast. acidic clays, hot.. both dry and humid, rare freezes
    • View Profile
Identifying Deficiency by Leaf Striation and Color
« on: April 14, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »

I have a reoccurring problem. Its comes and goes, but i can not identify what the issue is.. or what im doing (or nature for that matter) to fix it.

I have Synsapalum Dulcificum, Mango and Mitragyna that are growing Lime Green leaves.. Yellow in some cases. Almost anemic. 
   The leaves look good, perfectly shaped. No warping or crumpling. Possibly dwarfen.

Here are examples, of my Miracle Berry.. the mango almost has cobweb appearance. Its most noticeably visible with the Mitragyna (its a very ravenous fast growing tree)
  finally here is a Loquat example.. though their leaves begin yellowed. (i remember loquat leaves being richly green like magnolia)

Is there an easy to use reference for treating nutrient surplus and deficiency by  appearance and color of leaf

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying Deficiency by Leaf Striation and Color
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
First check the ph of the soil because even if you have the nutrients in the soil,they might not be available because of the ph.For instance, phosphorus becomes less available as the soil becomes more acid and same thing applyes for manny otther nutrients.

Bartacomus

• SE Texas, zone 9a, close to the coast. acidic clays, hot.. both dry and humid, rare freezes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:03:46 PM »
much appreciated.  I try to water them all with slightly acidic water once a month. i use general hydroponics "pH up"  it certainly could be that.

my garden get yellow around the edges of the leaves. but these, i just cant nail it down.  they come in like zebras. the leaves never quite recover, they always will be yellow.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 02:50:39 AM »
Maybe it's too hot for the tree's?

Bartacomus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 03:09:00 AM »
interesting, i hadnt considered temp at all. could it be cold? they are all at least sub tropical. hasnt quite gotten to Texas temps just yet.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 03:53:12 AM »
interesting, i hadnt considered temp at all. could it be cold? they are all at least sub tropical. hasnt quite gotten to Texas temps just yet.

It is summer here and many of my tree's got yellow leaves...i think it's too hot. And those are tropical tree's. 40 celcius is too much for them.