Author Topic: What's Ripening in Zone 9B  (Read 1342 times)

igrowmangos

• USA, East Central Florida, Plant Zone 9B
    • View Profile
    • Mango Tree Growers Of America (Facebook Page Admin)
What's Ripening in Zone 9B
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »
Hello friends, just wanted to see what's growing on in Zone 9B, the border between tropical and sub tropical, I just picked my last Pickering and I dare say it was quite better than the ones I had from South Florida... Also down to one last Carrie. Lychee is done. Cherry Barbados on the shrub, bounced back from the freezes, Lemons and Limes almost ready, Bananas almost flowering time.
Recent rains damaged all of my Pomegranate. Avocado trees still too young to let it fruit...
“When life gives you lemons, throw it back & say, “I said I wanted a MANGO!”

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
Re: What's Ripening in Zone 9B
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »
Nice to see another 9B fruit grower- especially for mangoes. Manzanitas (strawberry cherry tree) and Barbados cherries have been ripening daily in my area by the handfuls. Tice, Everbearing,  and Australian mulberries I've been enjoying every other day as well. My mangoes are holding fruit (Maha, San Felipe, himsagar, and Ice cream are holding fruit but they are young.
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:44:30 PM »
Mango still not ready but plentiful

Barbados Cherry loved the rain and after largest crop ever is blooming again

Last of Jaboticaba won’t last the weekend

pineapple are about same stage as mango

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:04:31 PM by WGphil »

sunworshiper

• Oviedo, FL (9b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »
Manilita mangos set a good crop and are just ripening. Pickering are mature green stage. Emperor lychee loaded with fruit and just starting to ripen. Bananas have bloomed and newly hanging fruit. Atemoyas are about plum size. Citrus also all around plum size. Peaches long gone!

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 09:11:01 PM »
Carries are quickly ripening. This was my best year of the past 4 or so as it has about 50 mangoes on it. My
Kent is full but won't be ready for at least a month. Maha Chanok should be ripe in a few weeks. Nam Doc Mai
had about 50 mangoes on it but just about all of them grew in bunches, much like bananas. Needless to say, the
panticles could not support them and slowly but surely, all fell off until only one was left on each panticle. My
Haley's Comet is blooming...hope to see some fruit.
Michael

nighthawk0911@yahoo.com

• Blue lives matter.
    • SW Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 10:25:19 PM »
My standard Persian limes are doing well as usual.  With all the problems with citrus now I never have any problems with lime trees.  They're fruit producing studs.
Blessed be the man who plants a tree knowing he will never live to enjoy it's fruit or shade.

clannewton

• Brevard County, Melbourne , FL 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 12:24:26 AM »
My Glenns, rosigold, sunrise, cogshall are coming right now, Maha chanok is close as well as chok anon and pim saen mun. picked up first ripe coconut cream today. Squirrels and racoons have been tearing into the glenns, finally just picked all the glenn trees as they were frustrating me to much.