Author Topic: pina colada  (Read 1103 times)

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
pina colada
« on: July 26, 2019, 08:43:05 AM »
Pina colada has been amazing this year.A taste explosion,can wake you out of a coma

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: pina colada
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:32:21 AM »
Glad to hear that.  From all the various accounts it seems ALL the coconut-flavored mangoes have been excellent this year.  Piņa Colada, Coconut Cream, Sugar Loaf, M-4, and good old Pickering!
John

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 09:52:53 AM »
Glad to hear that.  From all the various accounts it seems ALL the coconut-flavored mangoes have been excellent this year.  Piņa Colada, Coconut Cream, Sugar Loaf, M-4, and good old Pickering!

My two best trees this year...Pickering and Pina Colada. Pickering should get more respect.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 10:56:24 AM »
My two best trees this year...Pickering and Pina Colada. Pickering should get more respect.
All-around best mango tree.  That's what I always say.  (God bless Walter Zill!)
John

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 11:22:42 AM »
All-around best mango tree.  That's what I always say.  (God bless Walter Zill!)

Pickering is not super sweet with exotic flavors like the new Zills of the last 10 years or so.  New Zills are good in their own right, but you don't always want that mango candy with citrus and pineapple tones. My Pickering produces every year. For me Pickering has a great solid Florida mango taste. I can keep mine small and for new members....been posted only 1000x..... It is a good dwarfish mango for container culture.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 12:49:04 PM »
If they get a lot of sun and the red blotches, they ARE super-sweet!
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk