Author Topic: Favourite fall-to-the-ground fruits?  (Read 18627 times)

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite fall-to-the-ground fruits?
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2012, 09:17:21 PM »
True Persimmons (Diospyros virginiana).

Avocados.

Key Limes.

'Pram Kai Mea' and 'Po Pyu Kalai' and 'Nam Docmai" and 'Chocanon' and 'Madame Francis' and "Turpentine" and 'Okrung' mangos.

Platonia insignis.

various "Hogplums".

Ground-Cherries (Physalis).
Har

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
Ylang-Ylang raisins.  Fruits not edible when attractive on the tree.
Har

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »
Howdy Oscar,
I agree, he's nature shows are all out of this world...never get disapointed with the content and i always learn new stuff, every time i watch he's shows of wild life and about our planet 8)

Oscar...What's a VCR? It doesn't ring a bell ::) Just kidd'n :-) Here's the Birds of paradise film by Sir David Attenborough, 'Attenborough in Paradise'

The films show several species of birds of paradise and there courtship dances...I have seen this film countless of times and i'm still blown away everything i watch the film :)
I will try to find the film on the same subject by National Geographic. Wasn't aware that Nat.Geo also done a film on B. of Paradise. Thanks for sharing 8)

Warning: that National Geographic film is over 20 years old. It's not the newer version of National Geographic which they redid on birds of paradise and is not nearly as good. The old version doesn't even show up on the National Geographic website. Too bad, it's a real mind blower. Might be possible to get from sites that sell old VCR tapes.

Hi Oscar,
Oh boy...some hunting is in question ;D  One of my favorite movies childhood movie was Sheena and i successfully found a copy 8) 20 years ago will be a piece of pie to find a copy  ;D
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
Steven, if you manage to find the movie please let me know. But notice that i said 20+ years, which means it could also be 30 or 40 years old.
Oscar

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »
Steven, if you manage to find the movie please let me know. But notice that i said 20+ years, which means it could also be 30 or 40 years old.

Hi Oscar,
Most definitely, I'll let you know :) Oh snap...It ain't going to be easy :-\ will do my best ;)
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!