Author Topic: Malaysia Adventure  (Read 4799 times)

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysia Adventure
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2018, 01:29:17 AM »
I had some golden, ndm, & maha & musang durian in Singapore.

They were absolutely delicious.

(On the side had some mangosteens,lychee & longans)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2018, 01:59:02 PM »
As far durian prices, don t forget there are 1.3 billion Chinese market.  Prices will never come down. I observed Chinese tourist in KL and they always go for Musang King. Don't even bother with other varieties.

If prices are high, you could have tried Musang King in one of those foam trays. Not that expensive, maybe 35 RM for couple pieces. Better than 160 RM for the whole thing. I personally would never miss a chance to taste durian variety I never had before.

So, after everything, what do you prefer: premium durians or premium mangoes? Depending on you answer you may not be welcome in Florida, lol !!

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »
As far durian prices, don t forget there are 1.3 billion Chinese market.  Prices will never come down. I observed Chinese tourist in KL and they always go for Musang King. Don't even bother with other varieties.

If prices are high, you could have tried Musang King in one of those foam trays. Not that expensive, maybe 35 RM for couple pieces. Better than 160 RM for the whole thing. I personally would never miss a chance to taste durian variety I never had before.

So, after everything, what do you prefer: premium durians or premium mangoes? Depending on you answer you may not be welcome in Florida, lol !!

Oh. Tough question. I love it. If I had to choose one, going with...mango.

Han Sen

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 08:58:13 PM »
Thanks.

Ate terap for breakfast. Taste like marshmallow to me. My daughter said she tasted onion. Ate both as web article says they deteriorate quickly after opening. Outside smell is penetrating. Inside taste is nothing like it. Odd combo.  You can see the jackfruit structure in there...without the latex.

Today we revisited MJC. Got Dabai, last of the durian (two. half of each was spoiled but for $4...). Some mango. I didn’t but it but asked them to weigh the “mango king”.  Over 5lb each.

It is wonderful to drive around and see rambutan, jackfruit, longan and mango as regular yard trees.

Tomorrow we hit Pasar Satok (Kunah Rita) weekend market.

Ohhh, mr, you almost meet me ... :)
Sen

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »
Thanks.

Ate terap for breakfast. Taste like marshmallow to me. My daughter said she tasted onion. Ate both as web article says they deteriorate quickly after opening. Outside smell is penetrating. Inside taste is nothing like it. Odd combo.  You can see the jackfruit structure in there...without the latex.

Today we revisited MJC. Got Dabai, last of the durian (two. half of each was spoiled but for $4...). Some mango. I didn’t but it but asked them to weigh the “mango king”.  Over 5lb each.

It is wonderful to drive around and see rambutan, jackfruit, longan and mango as regular yard trees.

Tomorrow we hit Pasar Satok (Kunah Rita) weekend market.

Ohhh, mr, you almost meet me ... :)

Ah.  Next time buddy.  I do need to revisit Serian when the parking lot has no cars, just durian.  And please tell me the durian statue moved for the roadworks will be either restored or relocated....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk