Author Topic: Rollinia Deficiency - What is your opinion?  (Read 1597 times)

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
Rollinia Deficiency - What is your opinion?
« on: April 12, 2015, 09:12:29 PM »
This rollinia has been in the ground for 2 years.  It is about 4 ft tall.  I cannot keep the leaves green.  Now the leaves are cupped and curved in addition to the yellowing.  I have another rollinia planted 15 ft away that is double the size and has no deficiency issues. 

In Feb, March, and April I did a chelated iron drench with magnesium, manganese, and zinc.  In March, I did a foliar spray with southern ag citrus nutritional spray 3/4 rate with miracle grow at 1/2 rate.  The beginning of March, I fertilized with Diamond R 8-3-9 using a broadcast spreader.  The tree is mulched beyond the drip line.

Brandon

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Re: Rollinia Deficiency - What is your opinion?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 11:13:19 PM »
Not to answer your question directly, but perhaps try different strain. Youl'll make up lost 2 years in no time.  I grow 3 different strains from 3 different sources, and they grow and look different. The ones from Berto very vigorous. Once I put in ground it just took off. It went from 6 feet to 9 feet in about 4 months. Leaves dark green with hardly any fertilizers. Other strains less vigorous and paler shade of green. 

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:11:22 AM »
Not to answer your question directly, but perhaps try different strain. Youl'll make up lost 2 years in no time.  I grow 3 different strains from 3 different sources, and they grow and look different. The ones from Berto very vigorous. Once I put in ground it just took off. It went from 6 feet to 9 feet in about 4 months. Leaves dark green with hardly any fertilizers. Other strains less vigorous and paler shade of green.

I grow twenty three strains and I can concluded like Durianlover the genetic diversities are great.  I have strains that can not handle wet feet, strains that grow like a weed & flowers in two years & than suddenly fade away.  I have strains that love the sun and some like vampires burn in the sun.  The geographic diversities are greater than one could imagine!  Those that made to Asia seem to have greater white scale resistant than those coming from the Americas!  Berto variety is an invasive hard to kill weed that is quite a water hog recommended for Wet Africa! Steve Barnes's is practically a cactus suitable for drought & like a Cerrado plant I killed too many from over watering especially in winter!  Tradewind seem to keep the leaves year round, Oscar's have long slender leaves and greener stems; I could go on!  So kill the underperformer & replace it with another strain to insure a fast crop!  2015 will be my first crop for these characters and many will be Samurai for underperforming based on the fruit taste & texture for Northern Asia.  Anyone has a firm flesh or chewy Rollinia anywhere on this planet please PM me; but if you have red flesh please PM Thera!😃
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:59 PM »
Looks like nematode damage.