Author Topic: Mangos with Dimples?  (Read 2664 times)

Carbo

• Brown Thumb in 10b, SE Florida
    • View Profile
Mangos with Dimples?
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »
So, my Cogshall is spitting out mangos for the first time.  She has about a dozen golf ball sized ones on the tree now.  I've noticed a few of the mangos have a dimpled appearance, not looking like any mango I've seen before.  Of course, I can't speak from experience since, as I said, this is my first run in with these babies.  A few of the mangos, a bit larger ones, do not have that dimpled exterior.
Am I imagining things?  Worrying over nothing?  A new and rare disease? 

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Mangos with Dimples?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »
Both my Edward and Coco Cream are putting out dimpled mangos too. It's probably normal. They should smooth out by maturity.

So, my Cogshall is spitting out mangos for the first time.  She has about a dozen golf ball sized ones on the tree now.  I've noticed a few of the mangos have a dimpled appearance, not looking like any mango I've seen before.  Of course, I can't speak from experience since, as I said, this is my first run in with these babies.  A few of the mangos, a bit larger ones, do not have that dimpled exterior.
Jeff  :-)

Carbo

• Brown Thumb in 10b, SE Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
Both my Edward and Coco Cream are putting out dimpled mangos too. It's probably normal. They should smooth out by maturity.
Interesting, Jeff.  I started out smooth and am now getting dimples and craggily as I mature.  ???

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 12:26:34 PM »

...or, you are about to lose your cookies, er, mangoes :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:28:38 PM by bsbullie »
- Rob

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA

...or, you are about to lose your cookies, er, mangoes :D
Jeff  :-)

Seadation

• USA, Miami, Fl, 33176 Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »
My Inlaws Edward has dimples all over as well and in prior years it's been the same most have smoothed out but some have stayed with the dimples.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk