Author Topic: Tamarind Sapodilla Smoothie!!  (Read 2791 times)

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Tamarind Sapodilla Smoothie!!
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
Sapodilla is too syrupy sweet for my liking, but it is productive and available when other fruits are not.  therefore, i decided to try a few things so that i could have a new appreciation for this fruit.  To me, it needed a tart component so I used tamarind.

Ingredients:

3-4 sapodillas
3 bananas
1 pack goya frozen tamarind
2-3 tbspoons sugar
3-4 oz coconut milk

Blend smooth, and enjoy!  Now my wife is bugging me to make more, when before, she wouldn't even care about sapodillas.  To me, it tasted like a green apple jolly rancher, but i may be embellishing unknowingly
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Tamarind Sapodilla Smoothie!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 04:57:11 PM »
Sapodilla is too syrupy sweet for my liking, but it is productive and available when other fruits are not.  therefore, i decided to try a few things so that i could have a new appreciation for this fruit.  To me, it needed a tart component so I used tamarind.

Ingredients:

3-4 sapodillas
3 bananas
1 pack goya frozen tamarind
2-3 tbspoons sugar
3-4 oz coconut milk

Blend smooth, and enjoy!  Now my wife is bugging me to make more, when before, she wouldn't even care about sapodillas.  To me, it tasted like a green apple jolly rancher, but i may be embellishing unknowingly

Sounds like this would work well with any other acid complex fruit. How about sapodilla with tropical apricot? Or sapodilla with emblic. I know sapodilla and lime is an excellent mix as well.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

gunnar429

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
i agree.  they sound good.  i also think it may go well with strawberry and pineapple.
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

richard31

• US
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »
I like it most with pineapple

gunnar429

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »
going to try that soon.  Sounds nice!
~Jeff