Author Topic: Flowerhouse Conservatory greenhouse as a season extender?  (Read 2439 times)

plantlover13

• View Profile
Flowerhouse Conservatory greenhouse as a season extender?
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Hello all. So i was looking at some cheap greenhouse options and i found something called the "Flowerhouse Conservatory" greenhouse for about 300 bucks at walmart. It's about 9 ft diameter and 10 ft high. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this as a season extender to add a couple extra months to the growing season? Thanks.

JeffDM

• USA, San Diego, Ca. 92129. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Flowerhouse Conservatory greenhouse as a season extender?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
Read the reviews.
I think you can do better for less money.
Shop around and see what other folks have bought.
More importantly, realize that the cost of the greenhouse does not include heating, cooling or maintenance.

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:28:59 AM »
I posted in a similar thread about a day ago. I felt liberated by the "cheaper" greenhouses. For one, I knew it was about extending my growing season but that I would still overwinter in the house. I knew I didn't care if it didn't last, because it was under 100. It came with shelves and was lightweight, for ease of moving ... I needed to buy a new one this past week. Good thing is, this store goes on clearance for their greenhouses right now. 50% off at ... Big Lots, yep I buy my greenhouses at Big Lots. Not a fancy big box home improvement store or nursery. You'd be surprised how my plants continue to grow into November before needing to go in.  Up to you, but you don't need to spend 300.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »
I posted in a similar thread about a day ago. I felt liberated by the "cheaper" greenhouses. For one, I knew it was about extending my growing season but that I would still overwinter in the house. I knew I didn't care if it didn't last, because it was under 100. It came with shelves and was lightweight, for ease of moving ... I needed to buy a new one this past week. Good thing is, this store goes on clearance for their greenhouses right now. 50% off at ... Big Lots, yep I buy my greenhouses at Big Lots. Not a fancy big box home improvement store or nursery. You'd be surprised how my plants continue to grow into November before needing to go in.  Up to you, but you don't need to spend 300.

Could you tell me what brand of greenhouse you bought?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk