Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Fertilizing blueberries

(1/6) > >>

Plantinyum:
Hi all, when do you start fertilizing your blueberry plants ?? Mine have started to slew buds and I was wondering when should I start fertilizing them ....I generally use blueberry special fertilizer , what fert are u all using??

Daintree:
I start to feed mine as soon as they start to show growth in the spring AND I know it won't freeze any more.  I don't mind a bit of frost after I have encouraged them to grow, but I want to avoid a hard freeze.  For us, that is usually March.
I give them Osmocote Plus and Espoma soil acidifier.
Don't know what the equivalent would be in your area. 

Cheers,
Carolyn

Plantinyum:

--- Quote from: Daintree on February 25, 2021, 06:14:15 PM ---I start to feed mine as soon as they start to show growth in the spring AND I know it won't freeze any more.  I don't mind a bit of frost after I have encouraged them to grow, but I want to avoid a hard freeze.  For us, that is usually March.
I give them Osmocote Plus and Espoma soil acidifier.
Don't know what the equivalent would be in your area. 

Cheers,
Carolyn

--- End quote ---
thanks Carolyn !! March is our spring month  where the weather starts turning and we generally dont have very hard and persistent freezes , thought nights will be frosty almost for the whole month so I think I will wait on them a little more , they will either way start growing and will experience subzero temps since thats what happened past spring......they seem the very first plant in my yard,  along with gooseberries that that starts growing so early .....

brian:
I also use oscmocote plus and soil acidifier.   "whenever I get around to it"

Plantinyum:

--- Quote from: brian on March 04, 2021, 09:28:44 PM ---I also use oscmocote plus and soil acidifier.   "whenever I get around to it"

--- End quote ---
I really need to find soil acidifier , wherever I do ask about garden sulfur ,people seem to either do not know what it is, or do not have it....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version