Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

Imam passand and and Maha Chanok

(1/4) > >>

morris4000:
Any nurseries selling Maha Chanok or imam passand mango trees in Florida.  Seems like they are hard to find! Also looking for a banganapalli mango tree as well.

bsbullie:

--- Quote from: morris4000 on July 15, 2012, 10:28:18 PM ---Any nurseries selling Maha Chanok or imam passand mango trees in Florida.  Seems like they are hard to find! Also looking for a banganapalli mango tree as well.

--- End quote ---
Mahachanok can be found at Excalibur.

Squam256:
Someone from India recently told me Banganapalli is the same mango as Baneshan (evidently different from Alampur Baneshan). So maybe you can find someone with a regular Baneshan. I know of one person in Lake Worth with a Banganapalli tree.

HMHausman:
I am wondering about the relationship between Alenpur Baneshan and Iman Pasand.  The fruit that I recieved from the BRFVC which was ID'ed as Iman Pasand looked a whole lot like and tasted almost excatly like Alenpur Banashan.

Harry

murahilin:

--- Quote from: HMHausman on July 16, 2012, 10:57:48 AM ---I am wondering about the relationship between Alenpur Baneshan and Iman Pasand.  The fruit that I recieved from the BRFVC which was ID'ed as Iman Pasand looked a whole lot like and tasted almost excatly like Alenpur Banashan.

Harry

--- End quote ---

The mango book says that Imam Pasand is a cross between Banganapalli and Mulgoa. It also says that another name for Banganapalli is Beneshan. I wonder if Beneshan is the same as Alampur Beneshan. That may explain the similarities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version