Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Plinia clausa (Anihuayo)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Raulglezruiz:

--- Quote from: sanitarium on March 04, 2020, 02:23:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Raulglezruiz on March 03, 2020, 02:20:22 PM ---look at this one
https://www.yumpu.com/es/document/read/13322394/contribuciones-al-conocimiento-de-frutales-nativos-amazonicos/11
check this pics and see how different looks the pulp from the ones on a Hand from the others look almost like a different fruit, ones with pulp kind of Guava type and the others with juicy translucent flesh like Jabos do, think the one have been distributed now by one seller are the ones with dense opaque flesh like the ones on the hand, wonder were to get the other ones

--- End quote ---

Raul do you think it is subspecies or different species?
does anyone know if the seller dealer - amazon garden fruits is honest?

--- End quote ---
I'll like to think it is a different subspecies as you said as the shape of the fruit and the interior looks totally different also the people who bought from seeds hunter I think were told the tree is Dioecious while a friend of mine an Agro Engineer from Perú told me that the variety with translucent flesh they only one here knows has perfect flower....
I think the seller is legit talking about Seeds hunter as several from here had bought Anihuayo from him

sanitarium:

--- Quote from: Raulglezruiz on March 04, 2020, 08:36:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: sanitarium on March 04, 2020, 02:23:55 PM ---

Raul do you think it is subspecies or different species?
does anyone know if the seller dealer - amazon garden fruits is honest?

--- End quote ---
I'll like to think it is a different subspecies as you said as the shape of the fruit and the interior looks totally different also the people who bought from seeds hunter I think were told the tree is Dioecious while a friend of mine an Agro Engineer from Perú told me that the variety with translucent flesh they only one here knows has perfect flower....
I think the seller is legit talking about Seeds hunter as several from here had bought Anihuayo from him

--- End quote ---

Yes the the fruits are indeed different enough to think it is subspecies, also the fruits from the document is somehow ribbed/costade on the surface.. i also thought about ripness, if the trasnculant flesh couldnt be just cause of overripe or very ripe ripe fruit. unfortunately very little info info..

I know Seeds hunter, however not sure where he sourced these seeds, and if there is any source for these seeds, as there is a lot of ppl around the world showing germinating the seeds.. so wondering if all have the same genetics comming from seeds hunter shop.

ajeshcool47:
a dioecious plinia...?

Raulglezruiz:

--- Quote from: ajeshcool47 on March 05, 2020, 11:03:01 PM ---a dioecious plinia...?

--- End quote ---
a Peruvian fruit engineer just told me is Hermaphrodite flowers at least the ones here has who are the ones with translucent flesh

Kona fruit farm:
Does anyone have an approximate size that this tree gets to?  i'm trying to decide where to plant it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version