Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Atemoya Most Like Cherimoya

(1/5) > >>

SWRancher:
I tasted my first Cherimoya a few weeks ago while at Harry's house. I really enjoyed it a lot and have since placed two orders at Cherimoya.com. I know that the Atemoya itself is a hybrid of Cherimoya and Sugar Apple that grows well in hot humid climates. Which variety of Atemoya is the most like its parent the Cherimoya? I planted a Lisa Atemoya tree last summer, any suggestions on other types would be greatly appreciated.

Tony     

Tropicalgrower89:

--- Quote from: SWRancher on February 29, 2012, 08:06:42 PM ---I tasted my first Cherimoya a few weeks ago while at Harry's house. I really enjoyed it a lot and have since placed two orders at Cherimoya.com. I know that the Atemoya itself is a hybrid of Cherimoya and Sugar Apple that grows well in hot humid climates. Which variety of Atemoya is the most like its parent the Cherimoya? I planted a Lisa Atemoya tree last summer, any suggestions on other types would be greatly appreciated.

Tony   

--- End quote ---

Harry is actually growing a cherimoya tree that gives fruit in south florida's hot/humid climate?

A lot of people are happy with Geffner Atemoya. Many mentioned that it's better than Lisa and it can actually self pollinate.

SWRancher:
No, he got the Cherimoya from someone out west. I have been thinking about getting the Geffner seems like thats the most popular variety. 

FlyingFoxFruits:
Nuathong!

and Gefner!

BOTH have nice firm cherimoya type flesh, not mushy like sugar apple, and a much nicer flavor!

Tropicalgrower89:

--- Quote from: SWRancher on February 29, 2012, 08:15:22 PM ---No, he got the Cherimoya from someone out west. I have been thinking about getting the Geffner seems like thats the most popular variety.

--- End quote ---

oh okay.

I'm also planning on buying a geffner atemoya in the future. Here's a website that shows the different varieties.

http://www.sarasotafruitandnutsociety.org/information/TropicalFruit/atemoyavarieties.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version