Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Linda macadamia nut

<< < (2/7) > >>

Josh-Los-Angeles:
Thanks for making the call Warren, that's awesome :) Sounds like Linda is an alternative (maybe an improved version) of Beaumont. Did they mention anything about nuts dropping or needing to pick them off the tree? My understanding is Beaumont needs to be picked while most other macs drop the nuts.

wslau:

--- Quote from: Josh-Los-Angeles on April 05, 2014, 12:18:10 PM ---Thanks for making the call Warren, that's awesome :) Sounds like Linda is an alternative (maybe an improved version) of Beaumont. Did they mention anything about nuts dropping or needing to pick them off the tree? My understanding is Beaumont needs to be picked while most other macs drop the nuts.

--- End quote ---

I didn't ask that question, but my friend has two Beaumonts and the nuts do drop in LA county.

cmichael258:

--- Quote from: Josh-Los-Angeles on April 05, 2014, 12:18:10 PM ---Thanks for making the call Warren, that's awesome :) Sounds like Linda is an alternative (maybe an improved version) of Beaumont. Did they mention anything about nuts dropping or needing to pick them off the tree? My understanding is Beaumont needs to be picked while most other macs drop the nuts.

--- End quote ---

Not to worry...the squirrels will pick them before they can drop.    >:(

huertasurbanas:
Thanks to Jack, Nipomo,

Learning about girdling

http://www.avocadosource.com/CAS_Yearbooks/CAS_44_1960/CAS_1960_PG_89-92.pdf

"Results of two other experiments indicated that accumulation of some material
contributes to the seasonal variation in grafting success. One of these dealt with use of
scion wood from a branch or shoot which had been girdled by removing a ring of bark at
least six weeks before the scion wood was cut.  The results (table 2) show that pregirdling of the scion wood consistently gave an increase in per cent graft take during the
summer months. This beneficial effect of pre-girdling, at certain times of year, is in
agreement with results in Hawaii with macadamia and litchi  (1, 3), in Florida with
macadamia and sapodilla (2), and in California with macadamia (5) and eucalyptus (4)."

Josh-Los-Angeles:
Hey Warren, did you end up buying the Linda mac tree? If so, did you get it from HD or Clausen and how'd it look?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version