Lychee pruner/fruit picker recommendation

<< < (2/5) > >>

gnappi:

--- Quote from: skhan on May 11, 2021, 08:26:18 AM ---
>>SNIP<<

Need a bigger one

--- End quote ---

A common lament... :-)

Seriously, I have one very similar to that, and even on a 6' ladder it's too short.  I ordered this one yesterday and I'm hoping it solved my long reach issue for a while.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373477467165

PS, I ate the first sweetheart today, they're still a bit tart but very juicy

Julie:

--- Quote from: pineislander on May 10, 2021, 07:06:46 PM ---This one catches the fruit too.
https://garrettwade.com/product/telescopic-fruit-picker

There are some which telescope plus can grip the stem and cut above the fruit so it doesn't fall..we had a thread on here last year about tools if you search for it.

--- End quote ---

With this one could the bag be removed and use it for pruning as well?  It makes sense to buy one that can be used for both pruning and picking the fruit.  Thanks so much everyone.

sc4001992:
gnappi,

The ones I show in the link are similar length as yours (6-10ft). Let us know what you think of your purchase once you use it to pick your lychee fruits.

skhan:
@sc4001992

Thanks for the tip. I might have to add this to my collection...one day

sc4001992:
Julie, the one with the catch bag isn't useful for pruning branches. I think the cutters are at an angle such that it makes it easier for the fruit to fall into the bag. I have a long one like that for avocados, never used it and I ended up just using the pole for other purpose. For something like a larger fruit (avocado or citrus) the fruit picker with the bag will work. The one Brad suggested is a good one, no cutters to play with, just has a V-sharp knife where your cutters are so you can just push the fruit (again larger fruit like avocado, won't work for lychee) when it is inside the bag and the razor blade knife cuts off the stem.

For lychee, the picker/with bag might make it difficult to see if you have the fruit inside or not since they are in cluster, if you get one let me know how it works. I always use the ones I suggested above for my lychee and citrus and loquats. These branch/fruit pickers can be used for cutting/prunning since the red plastic piece which clamps down on the branch can be removed, then it is just a prunner but only for small size branches (less than 1/2").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version