Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Sugarloaf or Pineapple Pleasure

(1/15) > >>

Honest Abe:
That is the question..

They are hands down my two favorite mangos by a long shot.

Does Pineapple Pleasure produce well?
Disease resistant?

My sugarloaf already flowered and fruited in 2 years in ground,but that’s not enough time to tell me much.The Fruits dropped and the male flowers were terribly dominant, but hoping for next Year success.

BETWEEN THE TWO, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PLANT?

I want opinions and pros and cons if anyone has grown either or both.
Thank you

-Abe

johnb51:
There are probably not too many people who are growing both.

zands:

--- Quote from: Honest Abe on June 14, 2021, 10:10:29 PM ---That is the question..

They are hands down my two favorite mangos by a long shot.

Does Pineapple Pleasure produce well?
Disease resistant?

My sugarloaf already flowered and fruited in 2 years in ground,but that’s not enough time to tell me much.The Fruits dropped and the male flowers were terribly dominant, but hoping for next Year success.

BETWEEN THE TWO, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PLANT?

I want opinions and pros and cons if anyone has grown either or both.
Thank you

-Abe

--- End quote ---

Based on names I would go for the P-Pleasure. Sugarloaf sounds too sweet.  Zill named a mango after a Vermont or Maine ski resort? I also would like to hear more (just might buy one) about the Pineapple Pleasurer production and fungus/disease resistance.  Growing habit, if it likes grow skyward (aka upright grower) or it is easy to maintain lower and bushy such as Pickering. Or somewhere in between.

johnb51:
I seem to recall, quite possibly from Truly Tropical videos, that Pineapple Pleasure is a very small tree.

bsbullie:
I am sure many are growing both.  I know I am.. for me, Pineapple Pleasure has medium plus vigor but in no way should be classified as a small tree.

A properly ripened Pineapple Pleasure may be one of the best mangoes (and I say this as a big proponent of E4).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version