Author Topic: My plants in Perth western Australia  (Read 1585 times)

laidbackdood

• Perth.Western Australia.
    • View Profile
My plants in Perth western Australia
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
34 Citrus in Pots(man i got it bad lol)..........in a spread of plastic and terracotta........temps are 35C consistently now but terracotta goes well........6 citrus trees in the ground going nicely.......some dodgy in the pots........Kensington pride mango in ground going well.......3 blueberry in pots going ok.........3 pomegranite with fruits......5 papaya in pots...6 figs in pots...2 feijoa not going so well..20 chillis in pots...Two dwarf apples and one custard apple....loquart and several seedlings...lebanese cucumbers in ground......tomatoes and strawberries i have absolutely no success with....too evil hot.....worm farm......needs looking after but i am trying my best....we get real problem with citrus leaf miner over here...terrible........been present since spring and all through the summer now.......spraying with neem oil has been the only way to control them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:04:15 AM by laidbackdood »

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
Re: My plants in Perth western Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
How often do you spray neem oil for citrus leaf miner and how do you keep from damaging your citrus in very hot temps ? Are you growing some citrus in pots in the ground ? If yes how is that going and how large are the buried pots ? Thanks. Tom

laidbackdood

• Perth.Western Australia.
    • View Profile
Re: My plants in Perth western Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 12:32:22 PM »
I have an 82 year old friend who is in to growing citrus....hes been getting plagued by leaf miner as well.......they are supposed to appear in autmn for the autumn growth flush but they were here from spring this year....I spray with neem oil every 14 days.....
The one in the ground are going well.......90% of the ones in pots are going well ....I have them in morning sun ...until about 1pm.......then they are out of the extreme heat........when autumn comes...i put them in full time sun.....its just started winter....so i will stop feeding them now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk