Author Topic: THE SQUIRRELINATOR......hasta la vista squirrely  (Read 2689 times)

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
THE SQUIRRELINATOR......hasta la vista squirrely
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:41:45 AM »
Hey Guys,

Came across the squirrelinator on amazon and dropped the money after watching a few videos on YouTube of it demonstrating proof of concept. With mango/lychee season kicking into full gear don’t be left empty handed by these pesky thieves!!! This is live catch trap, how you handle after that is your choice.

-Joep450

KarenRei

• Arctic Member
    • Reykjavík, Iceland
    • View Profile
Re: THE SQUIRRELINATOR......hasta la vista squirrely
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:48:30 AM »
Do they also make a sheepinator?  ;)
Já, ég er að rækta suðrænar plöntur á Íslandi. Nei, ég er ekki klikkuð. Jæja, kannski...

WaterFowler

• Coachella Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:33:52 PM »
Do they also make a sheepinator?  ;)

How about a gophernator?  ;D

Grabbed a 4-5' gopher snake yesterday on the back side of the ranch to put into a gopher hole near my mango tree. And he had the audacity to bite me in the knee while I was holding him by the tail. Normally they don't strike when being held up like that. Caught me off guard lol.

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
I've got the Ratinator version.

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 01:02:06 PM »
It works. I've used it. You have to very carefully cover the bait, though, as raccoons are smart and nimble enough enough to extract bait from the cage. I've had to put a block of cement on top of the cage.
Jeff  :-)

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
Is there a neighborinator version? =)

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:59:18 PM »
dont get the cheapo knock-offs on ebay.

i bought one... 1/2 the price of the squirrelinator .
i did successfully get a rat a while back, but,
the cage is so flimsy, i cant keep it open when baiting it.
ive left it out in the elements now a couple of weeks,
and its basically ready for the trash.

the squirrels have eaten so many loquat and mulberry
they are probably too fat to get into the trap anyway.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »
I find it useful to place a feeder in the front yard, and the squirrels and birds congregate there, away from the fruit trees. Also, have a bunch of surinam cherry trees fruiting in the back and side yard, seems to keep them occupied most of the time.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 06:56:14 PM »
The squirrelinator on amazon.
With mango/lychee season kicking into full gear don’t be left empty handed by these pesky thieves!!! This is live catch trap, how you handle after that is your choice.
-Joep450
It works great.

I picked up a few gallons of pecans from up north this winter & am now busting a few and leaving some in the shells. The squirrels know it's good to eat even though no pecan trees locally for them to have previously eaten. The pecan shells & pecan bits scattered in front of both sides of the cage with a larger pile in the center area of the cage and a few in the walkway makes a happy squirrel.
I am guessing peanuts/walnuts/etc. would also work great if crunched to bits and raccoons would probably leave these bits for their preferred garbage etc.

I saw it on amazon but purchased it at Rural King as they had it in stock this past winter when out of state and getting the pecans.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:02:19 AM by palmcity »

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »
I have two squirrels been impossible to catch!  good luck.  I've been setting out two spring door traps with papayas, bananas, watermelon, anything bright colors.  Putting them in high places along walls...

Problem is the squirrels never ever leave the trees, but I did find they travel on a neighbors roof, so I may put some traps up on the neighbors roof.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 07:10:29 AM »
Squirrels have a habit of using a sloping ramp to ascend/descend, preferring it to jumping. You can use that against them to draw them in to a trap. A strong smelling oil like toasted sesame is said to be a powerful attractant.

This could be called an Armadillo-nator, and is an amzing invention which uses the animal's natural scent as bait . I am under heavy pressure from these pests and catch several/month even one or two a week using this trap. Before getting one my farm was torn up nightly and I lost sleep hunting in the dark. It requires no bait just put in a shady location and check daily. Worth the money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTfT8ya4FAU

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »
funny you say that, that is exactly the point I am moving the traps to, a sloping roof between two trees.

Squirrels have a habit of using a sloping ramp to ascend/descend, preferring it to jumping. You can use that against them to draw them in to a trap. A strong smelling oil like toasted sesame is said to be a powerful attractant.

This could be called an Armadillo-nator, and is an amzing invention which uses the animal's natural scent as bait . I am under heavy pressure from these pests and catch several/month even one or two a week using this trap. Before getting one my farm was torn up nightly and I lost sleep hunting in the dark. It requires no bait just put in a shady location and check daily. Worth the money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTfT8ya4FAU

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 08:57:09 PM »
Hey guys,

Can’t stop laughing at the different responses with iterations of “animal”-anator 😂 here is a pic after 1st day on the job, using peanuts. Backdrop is my Maha which in past seasons lost on avg four mangos to squirrels and honestly that is big considering all the ones that get knocked off by wind....need a windinator 😭

-Joep450

sidney

• Port St Lucie Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 07:59:25 PM »
I use a Daisy Red Ryder.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 06:46:14 AM »
I use a Daisy Red Ryder.
Careful, you can put your eye out with that!